Benchrest stock for Anschutz 54

SteveWood

Long time reader but my first ever post!

I am looking for a benchrest stock for an older Anschutz Match 54 barrel/action. I am unsure of the actual model but it has exactly the same action as the 1913/1907 so any stock that fits these would be good. I am hoping for one with an adjustable cheek piece and preferably also an adjustable butt plate.

Something in the lower price range would be good but I may be tempted by a higher priced bargain 😉

Thanks

Steve

Steve, 

There are often a few BR stocks on eBay*. However, those are more for US/unlimited Benchrest Shooting free recoil from front and rear rests and don't have adjustable bits. You're shooting NSRA benchrest? 

You'll have more luck on getting an adjustable Prone/Supermatch stock and adding a flat fore-end plate if you want to make it wider. 

*Just checked, and wouldn't you know there are none. Just one for a 1417 - Match 64 sporter - not Match 54 compatible. 

Thanks for the reply, Tim.

The stock is for a relative beginner who is just happy to shoot and improve currently.

I keep looking at ebay but haven't come across anything interesting yet. The prone stock/plate combo is plan B but I thought I would try the lovely Stirton people first.

Steve

Hi Steve

There's a used Anschutz AS-300 bench rest stock to suit match 54 round actions on Guntrader for £400, have a look in equipment / rifle parts / stocks. It's minus the butt hook but it's £1150 for a new one online so a bit of a bargain in my eyes as it has the precise cheek piece and adjustment on the butt hook (when fitted). 

Cheers Alan

Mr Woody,

Ive searched and searched and, Yes, Ive found just something right for you.

Yes, OK, it needs a light sanding and maybe a colour touch up, maybe a bit of wood filler here and there, but it is machined for a 2013, so your drain pipe will drop straight in, maybe straight through.

No buttplate, trigger guard or action screws.

Very hard to find in this condition, very hard. And when youve done shooting, you can throw it on the log burner to keep warm.

I know you will want to thank me, but, dont overdo it. No tears please. Click on the photo to see it in its majestic detail.

Jonty1441978594_20200817_161915(Copy).thumb.jpg.3ea5463a101c7cc41f57d92afa59296d.jpg

Thanks Alan/Mike.

That does look to be just what I was after but I have already bought a stock off Ebay. Unfortunately, the Ebay one has fallen down the Hermes rabbit hole so if that goes nowhere I now have a plan B.

Steve

Edited by SteveWood

Hermes eventually managed to track down my 'new' stock in some random depot and get it rerouted to me. The rifle is now built and ready for a shoot.

Thanks for all your help.

Steve

Please, please do not put your Hermes stock anywhere near the 2013 stock, I dont want it getting infected with woodworm, lice or any other bodily ailment. You may be glad of it in the near future. Looking at your Avatar, I did not know you had a mobile fone?

JT