rear sight very fine adjustments

TargetShooting

I'm confused too?

Do you mean a block for raising the sightline, that's adjustable vertically and/or horizontally?

Or do you mean a rearsight with finer clicks than the typical 10-click (1/6 minute) model?

The MEC Spy is typically the go-to sight with finer clicks but I think Anschutz do one too if you want to stay with the same manufacturer as the rifle.  Another (but I've not seen it for sale in the UK) is the Korn Optik 40.

What sight do you have at the moment? My 1913 (low serial number) came with a 25-click steel Anschutz 6802. They have similar clicks to the 20-click canting 7002 which move 1 mm at 50 m. The Spy and Centra 10-50 sights also move 1 mm at 50 m. The benchrest version of the Spy does go lower I think.

Edited by trshooter

I think all Anschutz rear dovetails are 11mm, it's just the front that are different on the pre 19xx series

1 - 1.5mm @ 50m is as good as sights get, the only other option is the Spy BR which does about 0.5mm/click I believe. Another option might be a long Starik tube and increase the sight radius if that doesn't break any rules

Assuming you have a 10-click sight like the original 6702*, what's your budget? Pretty much every sight nowadays come with finer clicks. The Spy has already been mentioned; this is very popular, but not cheap, even second hand. A basic option would be a Gehmann 590; these are twenty click (about 1.5mm at 50m). The downside is a bulkier body than a Spy (or even a 6702) due to the internal mechanism.

Fitting an extension tube is legal for NSRA and ISSF matches. There's been no limit on barrel length for .22 since the old 50m Standard Rifle class was dropped more than 25 years ago.

I have a spare 6805, but I think it's the 10-click version. Will have a look.

*I think the 6802 was first seen with the 2013 around 1990, so a couple of years into 1913 production.

2 hours ago, trshooter said:

The benchrest version of the Spy does go lower I think

Indeed it does - the BR version is twice as fine as the usual Spy.  I have one which I'm just getting used to, but first impressions are that it's excellent.