Anschutz rubber buttplate + Match 64 trigger guard + maybe Match 64 action screws

trshooter

Hi,

I've just bought this Match 64 stock on ebay to put onto a uni club Match 64 which has not had a stock for the past 10 years, but it requires a buttplate and trigger guard, and potentially action screws.

Trigger guard doesn't have to be an exact match - I can probably modify something that's close enough to fit.

Does anyone know what thread the old match 64s are? Pre-1803 if that helps or changes anything. I can always just buy some from a hardware shop online.

Thanks in advance.

Rifle Stock Anchutz - Picture 1 of 3

Edited by trshooter

I think the bolts are M5, but let me check.

If TRshooter is reffering to action bolts 

, are they not M5 Fine. Very hard, probably impossible to just get from a hardware store. Also, dont these action bolts come with a series of washers fitted to them!

Match 54s are M6x0.75 yes, but I've just found that the Anschutz manuals and parts lists online do actually mention the specific thread size. Looks like Match 64s are M5 course on the front and M4 course on the rear. 

The truly impossible ones to find are M6x0.75 countersunk and low-cap heads for round action adapters - not even the far east shops sell those I don't think.

Trigger guard is now sorted - just 3D printed one with 100% infill and it feels sturdy enough.

41 minutes ago, jonty said:

If TRshooter is reffering to action bolts 

, are they not M5 Fine. Very hard, probably impossible to just get from a hardware store. Also, dont these action bolts come with a series of washers fitted to them!

John,

As far as I'm aware Anschutz have never fitted Match 64 bedding bolts with the stacked belville washers employed on Match 54s from 1980 until recently. This stock predates the 54 washers anyway, the chequered grip tells me it was made in the 1960s.

I have to confess, I have never seen a Match 64. I looked at the foto of the stock and assumed it was some very early Match 54.

TR shooter, if you have a square to round adapter with the M6 Fine countersunk screws, one way to solve it is to mark thro the action holes in it into the wooden stock and then carefully drill holes with enough diameter to clear standard cap head screws, then obtain cap head screws instead of countersunk. I think the only way to get M6 Fine countersunk screws would be to have some made.

I have an old Match 54 stock with rubber buttplate that has the bolts with washers and thought, wrongly, it was same/similar to what TR shooter had.

J