Walther KK-Match firing pin

john campbell

Hi John,

No no else has asked so I will!!! Why do you want a firing pin just for dry firing? Sounds like a lot of hassle changing it just to dry fire? And then presumably change back to the "shooting one"?

Just use the normal bolt and pin for dry firing, and use snap caps, or empty cases to protect the pin.

Also KK Match parts are are as rare as rocking horse excrement!

Have Fun

Robin

Aren't there two types that aren't mutually interchangeable (unlike Anschutz 14xx w/ and w/o the signal pin) as well?

On 22/04/2024 at 12:49, tim s said:

Aren't there two types that aren't mutually interchangeable (unlike Anschutz 14xx w/ and w/o the signal pin) as well?

At least!  Maybe four versions.

Art

Hi Robin Thank you all for replying the reason I was looking for a firing pin I am having a Problem using snap caps Somehow the sear Somehow it does not Engage All the time about Two out of five times When using snap caps  have no problem with live firing. I have Checked the Adjustment on the sear and it okay. I have just Acquired a second hand Noptel Shooting aid for me and  to teach my grandchildren how to shoot Without having any distractions.

john

That's an odd occurrence. I wonder if it's related to the thickness of the rim. Does the same thing happen with spent cases?

John

Difficult to accurately assess when its not in front of you, but that sounds like its rim thickness on the snap caps, there is a mania with some people for setting head space down as tight as it can go, so maybe that's been done in the past by a previous owner.

Walthers have always set that to work on a range of ammo, and having had them from GX1's (same action as yours) though KK300's, and now KK500's, and they shoot superbly with the factory setting with most good ammo, we have always used RWS R50, and generally unless  a special request Walther testing is done with it.

Have Fun

Robin

Robin,

I was thinking of the extractor claw rather than headspace. I've not shot a KKM in twenty years, but I've had no issues with NSRA snap caps in Anschutz rifles with tight-ish headspace, around 0.041in. 

Edit- I was thinking how the rim would affect the contact between the firing pin and the trigger, as only the bolt body would move. But the KKM has the safety in the bolt doesn't it. If the rim is pushing the bolt body back against the locking recesses more than usual, is the safety pulling the firing pin off the sear?