Looking for 50m Free Pistol

Kurt

I'm interested in picking up a free pistol, just got a spare slot on my FAC to pick on up. I'm currently using a Walther Gold Cup but it just does not cut the mustard when it comes to target shooting especially when pushing out to 50m. 

Edited by Kurt
Wrong title

Hi Kurt

Welcome to the world of free pistol shooting. I also have  a Morini, get some spare batteries and keep a spare in your shooting bag. There is nothing more frustrating than getting to the range and finding the battery flat because you forgot to turn it off when you last used it.

Eley have produced a .22 round specially for free pistol called Match Slow Pistol, the more I have used round the better I realise how good it is. When you fire the round there is very soft recoil so you can maintain your sight picture during your follow through and call your shots.

Stuart

On 23/12/2019 at 14:48, stuarta said:

Hi Kurt

Welcome to the world of free pistol shooting. I also have  a Morini, get some spare batteries and keep a spare in your shooting bag. There is nothing more frustrating than getting to the range and finding the battery flat because you forgot to turn it off when you last used it.

Eley have produced a .22 round specially for free pistol called Match Slow Pistol, the more I have used round the better I realise how good it is. When you fire the round there is very soft recoil so you can maintain your sight picture during your follow through and call your shots.

Stuart

Thanks for That, 

I have been using RWS Pistol SR on my Walther Gold Cup and was really nice, So I have about 500 of those to burn through but I will check to see if they sell the Eley Rounds in the NSRA shop. I need to find some bits like the battery holder etc 

Hi Kurt

The NSRA do stock the Match Eley Slow Pistol but I would phone them before making the journey and check. the last time I bought from them I asked for 2,000 and they only had 500 so had to take Eley Pistol which are not so suitable for free pistol shooting.

I will try and find the address of the Morini agent in Birmingham and post it up, he stocks the battery parts for your pistol,