Turnover Sight with new bubble

Shumae

been in touch with Barry who confirmed the Number 1 signifies that the sight is for a standard sightbase on an Anschutz 14 or 18 Series Rifle, The type that has a block mounted on the barrel (Not one that has the dovetail cut into the barrel) also he is sending me a new bubble for the sight which I will fit for you. This is now as new.

Bough second hand and never used. Will see for what I paid for it plus postage. £75posted.

35A26E21-6713-4175-B433-5159D990C6C0.jpeg

Edited by Shumae

Mark,

M18 or M22? Anschutz 14-18 dovetail, or 19-20 (or something else)? What sightbase? Barry adjusts the offset of the inner tunnel, and marks a number on it.

Hi, based on the info that Tim requested above, I may be interested. I have a 1913 with no bloop tube for reference. Does anyone know what accessories this works with? Would a generic Gehmann or Centra screw-in foresight element/iris and sunshade work with this?

Yes, Barry's foresights have standard metric threads: M18 or M22. I've used hi-ends and irises. My M22 tunnel is threaded at the front for M18 accessories (filters/antiglare tubes).

As Mark was selling a 1974 Match 54 this may be the old style Anschutz base, ie the dovetail won't fit your 1913 - too deep, too narrow. You could make it work with two piece raiser blocks, but that could get expensive and add raisers.

That's a fair point about the M54 he is also selling and also thanks, Tim, I'll give it a pass then. I agree the adjustable sight raiser trick is a bit of a hassle. Could you PM me how much they are new from Barry please? TIA

4 hours ago, tim s said:

Mark,

M18 or M22? Anschutz 14-18 dovetail, or 19-20 (or something else)? What sightbase? Barry adjusts the offset of the inner tunnel, and marks a number on it.

Hi, sorry for the lack of information as I never used it I had to look back on records. Its M22 Anshutz 14-18. Ill look for the number and post later on ok.

2 hours ago, tim s said:

Yes, Barry's foresights have standard metric threads: M18 or M22. I've used hi-ends and irises. My M22 tunnel is threaded at the front for M18 accessories (filters/antiglare tubes).

As Mark was selling a 1974 Match 54 this may be the old style Anschutz base, ie the dovetail won't fit your 1913 - too deep, too narrow. You could make it work with two piece raiser blocks, but that could get expensive and add raisers.

I also  have the riser blocks and probably bought them for this turnover sight, I cant remember. Let me know if you want info on them.

On 19/02/2023 at 21:36, Shumae said:

Bough second hand and never used. Will see for what I paid for it plus postage. £70 posted.

35A26E21-6713-4175-B433-5159D990C6C0.jpeg

Emailed Barry regarding broken bubble awaiting reply. Anyone wishing to make an offer for the sight as it is please message me. Thanks 

• Shumae changed the title to Turnover Sight with new bubble
On 20/02/2023 at 05:04, tim s said:

Mark,

Did you see the amendment Tim, I’ve been in touch with Barry who confirmed what I’ve added. He has also sent me a new bubble to replace the damaged one. The sight is now as new.