BSA International adjustable butt plate

Adrian

Anyone know where I can get an adjustable butt for a BSA International mark 2? 

I'm searching away here and see them on Mk5's, but I'm not sure what would fit a Mk2

Adrian, do you mean a butt plate that slides up & down? Or one with adjustable arms? I’m considering fitting one of the 3 D printed ones to my mk5, but as those are typically for air rifle, I haven’t worked out the best fit yet. JB3D do a range of air gun buttplates, one of which might work. 
How is your Mk2 shooting? Still pleased with it?

Hiya and Merry Christmas! 

Yes a simple vertically adjusted butt plate is ideally what I'm looking for. 

Absolutely love this rifle. It's just "solid" and I keep reaching for it as I get ready to visit the club. I might stick in the odd bad card, but the joy I get from shooting it surpasses the scores. 

I watched a chap at the Weekend Aggregate in Bisley for my first visit there this year. His jacket was torn to bits and he set a BSA International down on the firing point. He looked to be about 200 years old, as did his rifle. So I watched him through my mate's spotting scope. Despite the really sharp wind, he settled down and started whacking his rounds into the 10 at 100yds! We called him "Martini Man". He had a little patch with a red X and I was told they are elite shooters, so I had immense pleasure in watching him shoot his BSA. Shame they're no longer made :(

Excellent news! I’ve heard of the legend, didn’t realise he was still shooting his Martini. Well, I’m starting with my Mk V in the new year, it always makes me smile. I think the 3 year old rifle might get sold.

3 hours ago, Adrian said:

Ha! You know him?? Brilliant! He was the star of the show for us ;)

Compress_20231225_103756_6395.jpg

That's John Pugsley of Devon, a very able fullbore and smallbore shooter.

Adrian,

From memory BSA never made an adjustable buttplate for the MK 2. A Mk 4/5 plate would fit, I'd expect screw spacing to be the same, but wouldn't bet my life on it. Other simple options are the Anschutz 4709, and "Bisley" brand.  Either may require plugging one of the holes for the original plate and re-drilling. These are both limited in vertical movement - if you have a very high right shoulder don't expect full contact with the buttplate.

Holts unsold lot number 5051 has an adjustable stock. The entire rifle is £65, but perhaps they would scrap it and sell you the stock? Maybe worth a call?

22 minutes ago, Racingt said:

Holts unsold lot number 5051 has an adjustable stock. The entire rifle is £65, but perhaps they would scrap it and sell you the stock? Maybe worth a call?

That's a Mk 4 International. £65 would seem a bit steep for a basic buttplate. I have in mind that the Mk4 receiver was slightly wider than a Mk 2, so the wooden butt is not a straight swap 

Hmmmm.....all very good stuff from you all and very much appreciated! 

On reflection, I think I'll shoot on as is and not butcher the old beast. My DIY skills are not to behold and things could get messy. 

Thank you all again! 

14 hours ago, Racingt said:

Adrian, if you want, I can measure the Mk5 receiver which I believe is the same as the mk4

•  
  •  

Digging through some notes, I have the Mk 5 as 1-1/16in, which is indeed the same as the Mk 4. Mk 2 receivers I have listed 1-1/8in though, so a Mk 4 or 5 stock would not fit without work.

Good on yu Tim! Thanks for digging that up, you're an absolute encyclopedia for this stuff. Appreciated.