original palm rest for 1813 anschultz

james308

Hi James,

By palm rest do you mean the little ‘shelf’ that fits on the pistol grip, or the 3P rest that fits on the rail for standing shooting? I ask because I think I may well have both in amongst some kit I inherited from my Dad. Feel free to PM me

Neil.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, bit busy at the weekend.

They came with my 1813 brand new in 1981. I believe you can use the block in the rail or attach it to the bracketry which allows you to ad cant and move it around abit to get it exactly where you want it.

I had to give up 3P when it started giving me back trouble.

1 minute ago, james308 said:

That's it. does you know where i cant get one?

These haven’t been made for decades, and are a very outdated solution for shooting standing…. Even in the 1980s most people were breaking them up and using either the block or the metal part and selling the other part to someone else.  I still have my block somewhere, but I loaned the metal part out to someone a long time ago and I’ve never been able to track down where it went…

8 hours ago, james308 said:

what do you recommend Mac?

Go have a look at some videos of finals at the World Championships or World Cups.  Almost all the top shooters shooting with the rifle on the palm of the hand, with blocks varying to almost non-existent (Seonaid for example) to quite deep, depending on body proportions and position.  Most have a relatively simple block.  One that is height adjustable makes a lot of sense given variation in target heights at different ranges - easier to deal with at the front than adjusting the butt plate.