*** All sorted *** Wanted - Centra Duplex or Centra Duplex Vario with Lenshood II

IanMac

Hi folks,

I am looking for a secondhand Duplex or Duplex Vario with a Lenshood II to use on an Aschutz 2020 foresight.

If anyone has anything available to sell I'd very much appreciate you getting in touch please.

I've also heard of a Gehmann device that works in a similar fashion but have no experience of one but would be interested to hear if one is available too.

Thank you

Edited by IanMac

On my setup I have a Centra Spy Short based rear sight and standard short anti glare tube. I then fitted a Centra Duplex Vario that was a very neat fit to the anti glare tube. This setup I found not to be the best ie vario ring too close to the size of the rear aperture. Not sure what would be the best anti glare length I opted to fit a Lenshood II. 
However then discovered the lenshood II was slightly less in diameter than the short anti glare tube. Thus giving a very loose fit of the DuplexVario to extent that it could not be fixed firmly in place. Following contact with Centra a new “lock nut” was provided and enabled a good fixing of the Duplex Vario. But I consider that this then resulted in the Vario being “well” out of centre with the Centra rear sight. Not good!!

Eventually set aside the Duplex Vario. 
hence based on my experience I would not recommend using a Lenshood II with a Duplex Vario. 

I'm using a Lenshood II with a Duplex Vario on a Grunig + Elmiger rearsight.  I had no problem fitting the Vario to the tube, but found that the tube worked loose in the rear sight after a session or two.  An easy fix was to wrap some PTFE tape on the threads of the tube and it's not budged since.

Edited by chasing600
corrected typo

• IanMac changed the title to *** All sorted *** Wanted - Centra Duplex or Centra Duplex Vario with Lenshood II