RPA Quadlock 308W/7.62mm Target Rifle For Sale

Hitchphil

2007 Black RPA Quadlock Hex Right Hand Action with original Madco Barrel with a verified less than 1500 rnds shot thru it = so 3-4k life. In excellent condition, cleaned after every use.

Fitted to a Dolphin Stock with a NRA Rule compliant curved buttplate & there is an optional 2nd flat rubber pad butt plate too - £75

Hand stop, bipod, Trakker 1/4 rearsight with irises & RPA 18mm foresight with irises etc.  Good Zeros of RG/HL & HPS.

There is a optional Anschutz Round action bedding block too so the stock can be used for both FB & SBR by swapping the bedding block assembly(takes 2 mns) - £100

Case, Bolt tool & a few other bits 

£2900 ono but the seller isnt pushed to sell & silly offers will be ignored.  This is a rifle that can take you to a final & last a lifetime. 

pm / mail to reply & be introduced.

Edited by Hitchphil

The stock is most likely a Robert Nibbs design and build, when he worked with HPS some years ago before the System Gemini stock was marketed. The date is correct for this.

I sold a Dolphin TR one to RobinC on here about a year or two ago. Robin has completely changed the stock, but the original Dolphin TR stock IMO though cheap compared with the above or a Gemini is not well thought out. 

49 minutes ago, journeyman said:

The stock is most likely a Robert Nibbs design and build, when he worked with HPS some years ago before the System Gemini stock was marketed. The date is correct for this.

I don't think that's correct. The current TR701/2 and FR703 System Gemini stocks came out in 2004 while Nibbs was part of HPS, but the concept pre-dates his involvement. Nibbs started making his System Gemini Ultra stocks in the early 1990s (after the short lived Extra Match rifles) under the SG&N name. But, he only joined John Carmichael, who was already trading as HPS Target Rifle, around 2001/2002. 

Its not a Dolphin I'm familiar with if it is, I think its an HPS, which is made by Mik, but same issue for me, why are they so b****y long!!! My modded super shorties with adjustable folding cheek piece with Walther grip are much nicer, polished alloy bling, and prettier colour, see the next NRA article!  Your dolphin pic is the new one, with the butt plate design they copied from one of my speciaIs , I use the old one Dolphins because they are slimmer.

I'll see Mik soon I'll confirm but you should have sold it by then!.

Sorry Phil butting in on your sale, what ever it is guys, just buy it!

28 minutes ago, RobinC said:

Its not a Dolphin I'm familiar with if it is, I think its an HPS, which is made by Mik, but same issue for me, why are they so b****y long!!! My modded super shorties with adjustable folding cheek piece with Walther grip are much nicer, polished alloy bling, and prettier colour, see the next NRA article!  Your dolphin pic is the new one, with the butt plate design they copied from one of my speciaIs , I use the old one Dolphins because they are slimmer.

I'll see Mik soon I'll confirm but you should have sold it by then!.

Sorry Phil butting in on your sale, what ever it is guys, just buy it!

why so long - possibly becuse  - made for fullbore that adopts a more right shoulder back position vs smallbore thats more right shoulder fwd & up a bit. 308 recoil in that position is harsh I know i did it for awhile when transitioning over!   

Yep its a bargain & one buyer is looking at it soon but who knows it might not go in one?

Got pics of your stock? 

Perhaps because I'm shortish 5 ft 7 I find them all long, but so many rifles are too long, think its when they are designed by some one who does not shoot prone or positional to any standard, or is tall them selves? 

Couple of tall stories! 

We were visiting a premier manufacturer in Austria, had the tour and they asked if we had any issues with their kit, I shot air pistol at the time with one, and I said yes, why is your trigger reach so huge even on the shortest setting, as I had made a backwards trigger shoes for mine, and done several for friends and club members, they said is it? Come and meet the designer! Soon knew why, he was about 6 ft 7 with hands like shovels!!

We have links with Walther going back years, we know the right people and call in when we can, when going over in 2015 emailed and asked if we could call in and possible see the KK500 which was then only in prototype, they said call in, we'll see. When we did and saw our contact (a director) an old friend from who shot internationally back in her day as had my wife, and chatted about the KK500, when he said out of the blue to my wife I suppose you want to have a go with it!!!  Then to the range, after 5 shots she said, I want one.... but I don't want it in this stock, can it go in a Keppeler!! I'm cringing!!! Yes, he said, we'll send them an action!!! They knew why, that she shot 300 mt with one, but he said what do you think of the stock? She said, its gorgeous (it was an Alutec)  but its miles too long, and it was on its bottom limit. Not a blink, the next half hour was fiddling and measuring,  both her, the rifle, others called in. He said, we knew you were small (5ft 3), and a good shot so we wanted to see, all their prototypes had gone out for testing to tall men!

She got her Olympic batch action in a Keppeler, six months later, loves it, and my Alutec KK500 ordered in 2019, the length is possible to adjust very short, Walther listen. 

Sorry I can run on for hours!!! 

Which stock do you want pics of Phil?  

Have Fun

Robin

• 5 months later...