Rhino 60mm Spotting Scope - sold

trshooter

I have a Rhino 60mm spotting scope in very good condition that came with a scope stand I bought, but is surplus to requirements.

Not sure what the magnification is, but it's probably good enough for most smallbore uses and club shooting.

PM for more photos.

£35 + pp

Can be picked up in Central London any time, or near/at Bisley in a few weeks' time.

s-l500.jpg

Edited by trshooter

There are a number of different 'names' added to these scopes, among them, Opticron, Rhino, GreenKat, Anschutz et al.  It seems they could just have their name placed on the scope as being their brand. They are a very reliable and easily operated scope that will go out to 100 yards maybe more. One of the best things is that you can dismantle and clean them yourself if you have a bit of aptitude.

Always fit the objective (large) lens in place after use to protect the threaded rim of the aluminium scope body.

There are a number of them for sale on eBay presently and all  for more than this one. An excellent starter  scope.

Jonty

5 hours ago, jonty said:

There are a number of different 'names' added to these scopes, among them, Opticron, Rhino, GreenKat, Anschutz et al.  It seems they could just have their name placed on the scope as being their brand. They are a very reliable and easily operated scope that will go out to 100 yards maybe more. One of the best things is that you can dismantle and clean them yourself if you have a bit of aptitude.

Always fit the objective (large) lens in place after use to protect the threaded rim of the aluminium scope body.

There are a number of them for sale on eBay presently and all  for more than this one. An excellent starter  scope.

Jonty

Also sold as DNar & i have seen one with Barr & Stroud (now Thales) on it!

Std magnification is x22 but you can buy x30 eyepieces - there is someone on fleabay selling 3-4 of them but for lots.

Their main problem is you need some form of a clamp they have no threaded camera mount/lug.....sketches..... bit o ally....40c thread ....I could nock one up for ~£10.. 

I suppose they were mainly used in the fantastic Tucker stands, where they are held in place in a Vee cradle with a large Jubilee clip. Also the Opticron simple basic stand. 

With imagination, it is easy to clamp a camera mount block to the scope if need be.

These stands have been in use for many years and still operable, how many other scopes have that honour.

I recently bought a 2nd hand Opticron modern scope which had more fungus in it than the local mushroom farm. I had it serviced by Opticron, but they said it may come back. (Thats OK, I like mushrooms)

I have a x30 eyepiece in my bits box. I will never part with it. rarer than hens teeth.

You can also get sheepskin covers for the scopes which are excellent.

Jonty

• 2 months later...
On 26/01/2022 at 23:26, trshooter said:

I have a Rhino 60mm spotting scope in very good condition that came with a scope stand I bought, but is surplus to requirements.

Not sure what the magnification is, but it's probably good enough for most smallbore uses and club shooting.

PM for more photos.

£35 + pp

Can be picked up in Central London any time, or near/at Bisley in a few weeks' time.

s-l500.jpg

Hi, does that include the stand. Or will you sell the stand separate?

• trshooter changed the title to Rhino 60mm Spotting Scope - sold
12 hours ago, roythefish said:

Hi, does that include the stand. Or will you sell the stand separate?

The stand wasn't for sale at the time of posting. Unfortunately, both are now sold anyway.