BSA Martini Internationals Mk. 3 and Mk. 5 for sale

Cumbrian

My small bore shooting days are numbered as a result of recurrent hand and wrist problems. I hope to get to shoot my Anschutz 1800 again, but I will not now be able to use two BSA Internationals that I purchased as a side line but have never shot. I expect that they will be of limited interest to most but I should be happy to respond to a p.m. and then to  send photos by email if anyone is a serious potential buyer.

The Mk. 3 is in excellent condition. No damage to the hanger. Comes with all the correct dovetails and the latest Parker Hale rearsight (camera lens movement) and standard foresight. Medium dark walnut. I believe that it had previously only one owner. I paid £350 but I would expect less now.

The Mk. 5 came from a London club via John Knibbs. The club had several BSAs, none of them used much, and this Mk. 5 has been used hardly at all. Woodwork, bluing etc. etc. all near perfect. Correct dovetails and latest sights exactly as with the Mk. 3. Still has its two additional spacers for the butt, and adjustable (within the limits of the day) butt plate. Light honey coloured walnut. I paid £495 but I would expect less now.  

These are entirely unmolested, complete, original rifles, each with the later BSA adjustable trigger, which is as good, in my opinion, as anything made today. I doubt if you will find better examples in either case.

I also have two complete set of internals for the action (which is the same for both rifles) - firing pin and spring, ejector spring, etc. etc. etc. These are very, very difficult to obtain nowadays and expensive when they do come up for sale. (In fact, I have never seen a complete set for sale.) A set could be included with each rifle for the right overall price.