FWB P70

Jimlad

Been asked to sell a ALU FWB P70 for a friend giving up shooting, rifle in good working and cosmetic condition, has not been serviced since new, but shoots well, tube is the original one, nice large hard case, what would be a fair price to ask?

Edited by Jimlad

Jimlad,

I'm afraid forum rules don't allow asking for for prices in the sales section. You need to state a price with the ad.

Sorry I am not selling the rifle yet, I was asking what a fair price would be, I may buy it myself, or he may decide not to sell, depending on what the rifle is worth. sorry if I have broken any rules.

This rule inhibits people obtaining realistic values of kit. I dont see whats wrong with asking for guidance or a valuation?

The result of not being able to do this might be those adverts that value a 30 year old worn out rifle at 3x its real value & the generally high value people attribute to shooting stuff more based on what they paid for it vs its actual material or functional value.  Small-bore is particularly affected by this, e.g. my Anschutz stock might have been worth £1200 new,  £500 now? but in reality its a £10 bit of really shitty poor quality aluminium alloy casting.  I see knackered old Match 54s advertised at £500 or more when i have never paid more than about £200 & have furnished 3 clubs, scouts & a uni with them. There is a parasite on ebay advertising a Tucker 1" tube for £120! (are you on here? hang your head in shame) .... ps - I have 3 if anyone wants one! 

Unrealistic values of 2nd hand kit, inhibit youngsters entering the sport with basic kit, learning to enjoy the sport & actually learn to shoot before entering the arms race of expensive gadgets that many believe SBR has become. The sport is in serious decline, many clubs age profiles are 55+ Is this partly why?

Just as a matter of interest which section would you ask a question like this?

3 hours ago, KeithH said:

Just as a matter of interest which section would you ask a question like this?

This one - there is a risk a post becomes a bidding war but why not? I dont get the rationale for a fixed price unless its to limit posts asking toing & froing? many people come into kit they have no idea on value (deceased effects, club junk, kids forgotten or obsolete stuff). so getting a reasonable view of value then selling to me is a normal things to do.  There is no commercial interest, no confidentiality no business being undermined, so why not?

E.g a Uni has a Diana Model 10 vgc, original box manual tools etc,  they dont use it but they need funds - whats it worth?