Ball for spotting scop

sunbeam

Norland Malcom Tucker? That sounds like a mashup of Freeland and Andrew Tucker, possibly with Malcolm Cooper thrown in.

That was a good Google Rutty. I was looking for something similar a while back and ended up getting something poor from a far away foreign land.

Of course they are Metric and Tuckers (If thats what it is) are Imperial. so a measurement would need to be taken of the thread on the rod and identify the thread, then get a knob that could be drilled out and the same thread as the rod put into it. Unless one would be luck enough to get the Metric thread to go onto the threaded rod and glue it in position. Not ideal, but a result of sorts.

Jonty

On 22/07/2021 at 13:04, tim s said:

Norland Malcom Tucker? That sounds like a mashup of Freeland and Andrew Tucker, possibly with Malcolm Cooper thrown in.

Malcolm Tucker was in fact the foul mouthed star of The Thick of It!

So it's a Freeland which I think is a knock off of a Tucker stand but in presumably metric as its American?

N

20 hours ago, jonty said:

That was a good Google Rutty. I was looking for something similar a while back and ended up getting something poor from a far away foreign land.

Of course they are Metric and Tuckers (If thats what it is) are Imperial. so a measurement would need to be taken of the thread on the rod and identify the thread, then get a knob that could be drilled out and the same thread as the rod put into it. Unless one would be luck enough to get the Metric thread to go onto the threaded rod and glue it in position. Not ideal, but a result of sorts.

Jonty

It's a Freeland I am told

n

3 hours ago, sunbeam said:

So it's a Freeland which I think is a knock off of a Tucker stand but in presumably metric as its American?

N

The Freeland Stand is not a Tucker knock off, it's more convergent evolution (or Tucker knocking-off Freeland). Al(bin) Freeland was in business from the 1930s, a good 30 years before Andrew Tucker. I think he was at least 70, when Tucker started making the X-Ring stand.