Cheap Butt Plate

Pippin89

Hi All. I have a home built Fullbore target rifle which is cheap and cheerful. I don't shoot much fullbore at the moment so I don't need anything else.

However, I would like to put a slightly better butt plate on it. At the moment it is just a flat slab and is far from consistent (although it is length adjustable).

Does anyone have a cheap butt plate that has, as a minimum, some curved fitment, and possibly with some adjustability for cast/cant/height. I will be cutting it up and attaching it to my existing stock so I don't want anything too fancy!

Pippin,

Have a look at the Bisley brand plates. There are usually some on eBay for about £20. Those adjust for height and cant. The curvature should be with the 20mm NRA maximum. 

17 hours ago, tim s said:

Pippin,

Have a look at the Bisley brand plates. There are usually some on eBay for about £20. Those adjust for height and cant. The curvature should be with the 20mm NRA maximum. 

You know what? That is absolutely spot on for what I was thinking of. And at a price that I was hoping for but thinking would be way under what I needed. Thank you very much, I have ordered one.