Diopter match sights

Looking for a diopter match sight set ideally, but more than willing to consider a rear only and then purchase a front sight separately.

The rifle is a Match 54 14xx series, so it does have the older smaller front dovetail.

I’d really prefer a rear sight that fits on all Anschutz ranges so if/when I do change it can be swapped over.

Budget for a rear sight is around £150 and around £200 for a set. Might be willing to extend that for the right setup.

Thanks

Edited by Resedent2006

You might want to specify what make of rifle you want to put these on. Most German rifles have an 11mm dovetail for the rearsight that's close enough, but foresight mounts are nowhere near interchangeable.

1 hour ago, tim s said:

You might want to specify what make of rifle you want to put these on. Most German rifles have an 11mm dovetail for the rearsight that's close enough, but foresight mounts are nowhere near interchangeable.

Yes, good point Tim. I had taken that into consideration when shopping around, but failed to mention it in my add.

I’ll emend now.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of thoughts about older secondhand sights:

1. Try before you buy. Checking the rearsight out with a dial test indicator is pretty well essential.

2. Alloy sights wear quicker than steel bodied ones. Some of the very old Anschutz steel sights display surprisingly little wear for their age whereas later alloy bodied ones (of all makes) can wear quite quickly.

Rutty