Broken Swivel stud Bipod

Pippin89

Hi All

I am in need of a swivel stud attachment (the part found on a bipod or other equipment, not the part that attaches to the gun) and can't seem to buy them separately.

Does anyone have a broken or unwanted swivel stud bipod or other piece of equipment that they don't mind me cutting up for the part I need?

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/02/2021 at 16:53, Pippin89 said:

Hi All

I am in need of a swivel stud attachment (the part found on a bipod or other equipment, not the part that attaches to the gun) and can't seem to buy them separately.

Does anyone have a broken or unwanted swivel stud bipod or other piece of equipment that they don't mind me cutting up for the part I need?

Hi Pippin89

I have a box full of bits. I might have what you are looking for.

Can you send me a picture with what is brocken so I can have a search through?

On 11/03/2021 at 23:21, Mikygpu said:

Hi Pippin89

I have a box full of bits. I might have what you are looking for.

Can you send me a picture with what is brocken so I can have a search through?

Hi, nothing is broken. I have a fullbore TR rifle that has a swivel stud attachment on the front not an Anschutz style rail. I would like to put a small lightweight bipod on it for cleaning, and general resting of the rifle during shoots. The trouble is, all bipods with swivel stud attachments are big heavy duty ones designed to be shot from and all the ones of the type I am looking for are Anschutz rail attachments. So I am hoping someone has a broken one of these Swivel stud bipods that I can cut the mating swivel stud part from to make a smaller, lighter bipod from. I can't find anywhere to buy these separately.

Edited by Pippin89

3 minutes ago, Pippin89 said:

Hi, nothing is broken. I have a fullbore TR rifle that has a swivel stud attachment on the front not an Anschutz style rail. I would like to put a small lightweight bipod on it for cleaning, and general resting of the rifle during shoots. The trouble is, all bipods with swivel stud attachments are big heavy duty ones designed to be shot from and all the ones of the type I am looking for are Anschutz rail attachments. So I am hoping someone has a broken one of these Swivel stud bipods that I can cut the mating swivel stud part from to make a smaller, lighter bipod from. I can't find anywhere to buy these separately.

What is your stock made of?

As an idea:

I had a look at my rifles with studs and I took one out. They are just plain screwed in. If yours is the same as mine...
Why don't you get an Anschutz bipod, take out the stud from rifle, make a screw to match stud thread and fit in the bipod in stud location and screw the bipod in. I'll do a test run with one of my Anschutz bipods on a sporting rifle with a stud, just to see how it goes.

Or

Insert a permanent nut in the stud location that matches the outter thread of stud and the inner thread of the Anschutz bolt/screw. This idea I found it applied on a stock of a rifle I worked on. I found a polyamide type of screw/nut that matched the wood screw thread on outside and it had a small M4 or M5 nut on inside and it was used to secure an adjustable butt plate.

Or

You can get a swivel stud rail adaptor, but it only comes in Weaver/Picatinny off the shelf. Then you can attach a Weaver/Picatinny ultralight bipod.

4 hours ago, Mikygpu said:

What is your stock made of?

As an idea:

I had a look at my rifles with studs and I took one out. They are just plain screwed in. If yours is the same as mine...
Why don't you get an Anschutz bipod, take out the stud from rifle, make a screw to match stud thread and fit in the bipod in stud location and screw the bipod in. I'll do a test run with one of my Anschutz bipods on a sporting rifle with a stud, just to see how it goes.

Or

Insert a permanent nut in the stud location that matches the outter thread of stud and the inner thread of the Anschutz bolt/screw. This idea I found it applied on a stock of a rifle I worked on. I found a polyamide type of screw/nut that matched the wood screw thread on outside and it had a small M4 or M5 nut on inside and it was used to secure an adjustable butt plate.

Or

You can get a swivel stud rail adaptor, but it only comes in Weaver/Picatinny off the shelf. Then you can attach a Weaver/Picatinny ultralight bipod.

I was trying for the cleanest approach possible and using the swivel stud that is already present seemed like the best idea. But to be honest I could use the screw locations from the swivel studs to attach something. I will have a play and see what I come up with.

On 15/03/2021 at 14:24, Pippin89 said:

I was trying for the cleanest approach possible and using the swivel stud that is already present seemed like the best idea. But to be honest I could use the screw locations from the swivel studs to attach something. I will have a play and see what I come up with.

The way I see it, by using a stud adapter from a bipod it adds to the number of parts connecting. That is why I've suggested the direct screw in through bipod.

On a second thought, I remember that one of my picatinny bipods came with a rail to stud adapter. If I find it I'll sell it to you if you want it.