Wanted: 50m Free Pistol 22LR

A.J.P.

Hello all,

I'm hoping to get involved in Free Pistol shooting once the lockdown eases. Does anyone have (or know of) a 50m Free Pistol for sale? I'm not necessarily after a particular model at present - I'll consider anything and everything.

Many thanks.

Edited by A.J.P.

Hi AJP

They are rarely on the market and Morini no longer make the pistol for the U.K spec with the rods at the back. I bought mine off the sales section on the Police Sports Shooting Association web site. I have seen SAM, Pardini and Morini free pistols advertised on there in the past but they are not on there for long.

Besides myself I know personally only three other free pistol shooters, three of us own Morini and the other a Pardini. The Pardini had to have a new extracted claw fitted, it had fired 1,000x? rounds and was by far the oldest pistol in the group, l don’t know of any other problems with free pistols.

Where are you based, when lockdown is over and if you can get to Oxfordshire you can try mine.

Two people in Bedford Rifle Club who shoot free pistol.

Best get your FAC sorted out, so when one does become available for sale you can act fairly quickly.

Thank you both very much for your advice. And thank you, Stuart, for your kind offer. I do already have authorisation to acquire a long barreled pistol, so it seems that now I have to play a waiting game. I believe I saw one (make unknown) come up on Guntrader in the last few months - although I didn't have the opportunity to buy at the time. Sod's law, eh?

If anyone else has a tip as to where I might find one, or perhaps even have one of their own that's gathering dust - I'd love to hear about it.

Hi AJP

I have the Pardini that Stuart mentioned. 
When I bought it the extractor was not working and was repaired. 
However it is now gathering dust as you put it and I was considering selling it. (unless I can arrange to shoot with Stuart again..?)

Not sure what can be done until after lockdown...

Tom

Hi Tom

i thought of you when AJP asked if anyone knew of a free pistol for sale as I knew your work commitments made it difficult for you to get time on the range. Though it needed the need a new extractor, when I handled the pistol and raised it on aim it felt really good. The balance, the sight picture, the custom made grip, trigger, it all came together beautifully. Are you really sure you want to sell it? When lockdown ends it would be great meet up and shoot free pistol together.

Stuart