Match 54 8mm riser

Resedent2006

Hi all,

Im looking for a rear sight riser that will fit a match 54 and it’s slightly curved dovetail top.

If anyone knows of any 3D printed ones then i’m happy to buy a few different sizes so that I can experiment with different extension tube lengths/front sight positions.

Thanks

I have one, I may well have two if your intrested?

I believe they give about 8mm gain in height?

Can't remember if its the front & rear set or just the rear?  

Is the match 54 the older version, as it doesn't fit my 11mm rail? It's certainly slightly curved.

I will forward some pictures at the week-end if thats ok, as I've got a hectic week.

Regards,

Mick

On 27/10/2020 at 21:10, Irontrack said:

I have one, I may well have two if your intrested?

I believe they give about 8mm gain in height?

Can't remember if its the front & rear set or just the rear?  

Is the match 54 the older version, as it doesn't fit my 11mm rail? It's certainly slightly curved.

I will forward some pictures at the week-end if thats ok, as I've got a hectic week.

Regards,

Mick

Hi Mick,

sorry for the late reply. Yes the Match 54 has the slightly rounded dovetail on top. I need a minimum of 8mm fight due to my 250mm extension tube.

im really only after the rear but if they come as a front and rear set then I’m happy to take the set off of you? 

Thanks

Aren't all Match 54 receivers rounded? I've switched the same rear raiser between 14, 16, 18, and 19xx actions with no issues. I think the square 2013 has a flat topped dovetail.

49 minutes ago, tim s said:

Aren't all Match 54 receivers rounded? I've switched the same rear raiser between 14, 16, 18, and 19xx actions with no issues. I think the square 2013 has a flat topped dovetail.

Yep, that’s correct, anything prior to the 1913 has a rounded action and rounded dovetail. Interesting that your’ve swapped raiders between 14,16,18 and 19xx though. Might that be that they’re forward compatible but not backward? So the round will fit on the flat but the flat won’t fit on the round? 

13 hours ago, Resedent2006 said:

anything prior to the 1913 has a rounded action and rounded dovetail. Interesting that your’ve swapped raiders between 14,16,18 and 19xx though. Might that be that they’re forward compatible but not backward?

Unless there was a recent change to the 1913, every one I've seen has a rounded receiver/receiver dovetail. The action is identical to later 1813s*. Anschutz only changed the foresight dovetail with the 1913, from a deep flat top to AFAIK the same 11mm as at the receiver. 

EDIT : recently made raisers seem to have a flat-topped dovetail at the bottom, for the receiver. I don't know if this is for ease of machining, or for compatibility with 2013/other makes. These happily fit 1913 and older Anschutz dovetails, just only contacting at 12 o'clock (and the sides).

The 54.30 may have a flat top receiver, but the rear bridge is significantly shorter, so swapping raiders is less likely.

*older 1813 and 1613 receivers are functionally identical to later 1813/1913s the only difference is the notch on the action face at 6 o'clock on the later rifles.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two of these if they are any use to you?

If you would send an e-mail to my personnel address, I will forward some more pictures across to you.

mickshaw4@virginmedia.com

Regards,

Mick

uB8+n2hOTiOP%NXYHn1r7g.jpg

On 10/11/2020 at 11:07, Irontrack said:

I have two of these if they are any use to you?

If you would send an e-mail to my personnel address, I will forward some more pictures across to you.

mickshaw4@virginmedia.com

Regards,

Mick

uB8+n2hOTiOP%NXYHn1r7g.jpg

Hi Mick,

I did email you after you posted this but you haven’t replied yet. I’ll pop another one over just in case you aren’t seeing these comments.

Thanks,

Jamie