BSA International stock..To Australia??

Luke777

The fellow selling that stock is a Mike as well. Coincidence. It looks like it has been shortened a bit... Probably for adjustable butt plate in the past....

2 hours ago, MIke Jenvey said:

Long shot - there are some BSA International stocks on eBay - worth a look to see if anything matches?

G'day Mike. Yes I haven't checked Ebay for a couple of weeks so I will take your advice and do it now. 

Luke,

1. I deduce that you have not had a reply from Jim Hallam. I will send you his tel. no. by PM, so look out for this. I would guess that he could probably sell you a stock for half the price of the one on ebay, and that assumes that yours is the only bid so far and that no bidding war ensures. For what my opinion is worth, I think the seller has over-priced the item, but it is true that they don't come up that often.

2. Have you noticed that the ebay fore end has been partially glass fibre bedded? May be a good thing, may be not, perhaps an attempt to give a degree of free floating to the barrel, but it is hard to tell from the photos.

3. Also, have you noticed that the ebay butt has been shortened and a (fairly useless) rubber pad fitted? These BSAs tend to be too long in the butt for most of us, so shortening is not necessarily a bad thing, but if you are over 6 foot you might find it a bit short now. However, you could consider fitting a modern butt plate, which would provide much needed adjustment for the stock and give some extra length, too. 

4. If you go for the ebay stock, I would check with the seller that the long bolt to fix the butt to the action is present and correct. The advert seems to refer only to the smaller screw bolt for the fore end. Or do you have a butt bolt already? One could be obtained by ordering the appropriate length and size in a UNC bolt, but that might be a pain, though if you had to do that, you could get one with a hex end, which would be an improvement over the original slot-headed bolt.

5. Wherever you finally purchase your stock, I would replace the original, un-user friendly fore end hand stop fixing rail with a standard Anschutz accessory rail, which would enable you to fit any modern hand stop, and a bipod, if desired. The Anschutz ones are readily available on ebay; you just need to work out what length you need. It would require a little bit of wood work, I guess, but it would be a great improvement and make your life much easier when using the rifle.

Roger

• 2 months later...

Have you tried John knibbs http://www.airgunspares.com/store/category/77/599/BSA/Martini/

they do talk about international shipping in their t&cs. And although they don’t have mkii stock in er... stock right now, it may be worth a chat. 

I bought a Martini ISU stock from him and it was in brand new condition. Or at least it was till I modified it to have an adjustable cheek piece (couldnt bring myself to do it to the original one)  

J