Fraud Alert - Please Read

RAMOS1972

Or, let them suffer if they are still members, worrying when someone will knock on their door. 😈

[Anyone got relatives / friends in Liverpool who "can make local enquiries?"]

14 hours ago, jimrward said:

Would it not be better to delete all of these posts and carry on conversation via PM sharing information

Would that prevent genuine shooters becoming aware of these problems. 

I would suggest all new 'members' need to provide genuine evidence as to who they are before they can post or look at messages.

I was alluding to personal information fraudulent or not being disseminated in the public domain pertaining to the alleged perpetrator. If said person still had a look in browsing the forum they would have time to do a runner and assume a new identity and carry on any deception whether it be this forum or another one

you don’t see police sacrificing hours of detective work being broadcast on a forum before bringing matters to a conclusion 

yes by all means flag up a bogey but keep important known information hidden so as not to show you/we have the upper hand 

I am sure there are quite a few forum members who are in a professional position to take this further but possibly the element of surprise has been lost

• 2 weeks later...

I am ashamed to say I got scammed for £280 for a Malberg twin post scope that I really wanted that never existed. The scammer preys on our desires and we fail to see the whole picture. We want to believe it's true. I was emailed by Mike 112 telling me that Carter Klaus has a scope I am looking for and to contact carterklaus420@gmail.com to follow up. I did this and duly transferred the monies using PayPay friends and family. Big mistake he knows I had no recourse using this method and told me he couldn't get the money using goods and services. The idiot I am I fell for it hook line and sinker. There are some right scumbags out there and this chap is one of them. I wish I had done more research, I'm kicking myself now but such is life, these guys are experts at what they do. The other email address he uses are: Eddii Shaban at aliuedison123@gmail.com and majani investment at samungi50@yahoo.com

As painful and expensive as this experience has been, I hope that by putting this online I may help someone else from getting caught out and hurt.

Namaste

10 hours ago, Morty said:

I got scammed for £280 for a Malberg twin post scope

What follow-up action did you take with anyone - Police / Paypal, etc?  Might be worth coordinating with those forum members who have recently submitted details to the Police?

Is it possible to identify from his email address or activity whether he/she is in the UK. I gathered from his language that he was american.

Morty, have you contacted Paypal, I appreciate confidentiallity, but they may have a file in the fraud department, it seems that how this person operates.

It worth an email to them.

Dear Mike I contacted my bank who said they could not help as they were legally bound to make the payment on my behalf even though they agreed that this was very likely a scam. I contacted Paypal and they were only interested in me paying them. Basically nothing could be done to save my money. I then went onto https://www.actionfraud.police.uk and reported the incident and all the email addresses. My only hope now is that no one else gets caught by this person. I need to move on and write this off as a lesson learnt, or I will just end up being bitter, Carpe Diem.

17 hours ago, Morty said:

I am ashamed to say I got scammed for £280....................I did this and duly transferred the monies using PayPay friends and family. Big mistake he knows I had no recourse using this method and told me he couldn't get the money using goods and services.

Thanks for sharing this Morty. Anyone who doesn’t already know should note carefully “PayPal friends and family”. It’s what it says it is and there is absolutely no reason to use it for an above board transaction. Yes there is a transaction charge if you use a payment option but it also provides some protection, although not necessarily a lot. If there is anything the slightest odd or unusual about the payment method the walk away unless you can authenticate the seller by some means.

Rutty

@Morty

Do you have multiple emails from this scammer in your inbox?

If they've any sense, they will have masked their IP address BUT you never know, if they're not that sophisticated, they may have left a trail in the email headers.

Happy to have a look for you if you forward the FULL emails to me - neil@stirton.com

• 3 months later...

Just had a suspicious transaction on Ebay for equipment also advertised on here. Prompt payer from AUS but card address uk not accurate according to Royal Mail and requests redirect of goods to Guernsey to another partial address. Cancelled transaction as details just not right. Contact name and card name not matched and delivery has no name. May be legit but can't take chances.