Fraud Alert - Please Read

RAMOS1972

Hello everyone, I wanted to draw your attention to a supposed seller here on this forum.

Some time ago I posted a publication saying that I was interested in an aluminum stoick for an Anschutz 1907. I received a message from a user saying that this individual Carter Klaus (carterklaus420@gmail.com) had one to sell and i should contact him. So I did, and got back an email with 2 photographs of the complete rifle (Anschutz 1907 in a 1918 Precise stock) with a 1970GBP price.

But i just need the stock so i ask him if he accepted to sell only the stock, and he accepted for 850GBP.

For me it was still above my budget so i ask if he accepted to exchange his stock for my Walther KK200 aluminium stock with value adjustment.

And he accepted to receive my stock plus 400GBP on is PayPal account (aliuedison123@gmail.com).

It turns out that the photographs he send me looked familiar, as if I had already seen them elsewhere .... and in fact I already had, and it was not very difficult to find them again in the forum gunsinternational:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/rifles/anschutz-rifles/anschutz-1907-in-1918-precise-stock-precision-22-rifle.cfm?gun_id=101074673

When the deal looks too good, it’s better to be suspicious!

After this i did check this email carterklaus420@gmail.com and apparently this is not the first time that this individual has infiltrated the forums with schemes to deceive buyers as you can see in this  alert http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=358188

GunsInternational.jpg

Fraud1.jpg

Fraud2.jpeg

Fraud3.jpg

Edited by RAMOS1972

Hi, 

I belive I received a simular message regarding a old post, I deleted the message as I thought it sounded weird that someone was asking me to contact someone that had said item I was looking for, but I think the email address was the same. 

Phil

Well done Ramos.

I had a P.M. sent to me relating to an advert I have on Stirton for an alloy stock. This came from Mike112.  He told me to email carter klaus. 

I emailed him but the grammar in his email was the same as that of Mike112. Obviously suspicious, I did not respond further. 'CarterKlaus' sent me the same photos youve recieved on his email.

Clearly as you say, a scammer.

Jonty

1 hour ago, tazvmax said:

I also received a reply from Mike112  to a wanted post with the contact carterklaus email address, foolishly I tried it but got no reply.

I am now worried that he has my e-mail address.

Just in case change your password!

I too, got an email from Mike112 only this Monday just gone regarding my 'wanted' post. Was weird because it was a direct email rather than a PM through the Forum.

Note this  chap is still active. I got a message from Mike112 and then Carter about a rifle I wanted. I made him an offer and he accepted it straight away. I got suspicious of his messaging and things felt fraudulent. My feeling then confirmed by these posts. He is still emailing me today so please be warned. 

1 hour ago, jonty said:

Yep, hes come back to me. Ive asked for his address so I can go collect and pay CASH.

Hes no longer on this site. That doesnt mean he may join under another name or as a guest?

Jonty,

This is the address he gave me to send my stock:

183-185 Rose Lane, Mossley Hill, Liverpool, L18 5EA

This came from Mike112.  He told me to email carter klaus. 

Had the same type of email relating to a "want" I did for a M22 foresight iris.  Bounce back from Carter Klause email, n ot a valid address.

Incidentally, had a similar PM from a winnierowland - to email a donaldmcginty816@gmail.com

This email also shows up a scam / spam email address, so I am guessing that winnierowland  is also a potential scammer?

Carter Klaus  as sent me his address as Unit 223 The Tea Factory,  82 Wood St, Liverpool L1 4DQ.

Google street search shows a 96 but no 82.

Mike, how did you check on the email addresses to see they are spam?

According to the Royal Mail postcode finder that address and postcode belong to a health & safety, crowd management and licence support consultancy for production companies and similar.

It would probably be unfair to name them, but it's easy enough to do what I did and find out.