Shooting frames?

neil

• 1 month later...

I got an old pair (thanks Ken) but with virtually no adjustments. Does

anyone have or know anyone with frames that adjust angle etc. ?

Thanks

Neil

• 3 months later...

I just received my new pair of Champion "Olympic" frames, and I shall be giving them their very first run-out at my local club tomorrow night! Having spent time adjusting them, I now look forward to seeing the results of my labours! The amount of adjustment available on them is amazing, and easy too. But I am now recovering from "open credit-card surgery" and my buget has been blown out of the window! Ah well, at least I have got my Christmas present early!

Best wishes,

Paul.

Thanks Paul for making me jealous.

When I return to the UK I will be looking for some frames, as to exactly

which kind depends on the deal I can get :wink:

Guest ilovemybed

Paul,

I've got a pair of those Olympic frames. Luckily I managed to pick them up second hand so they were only mildly extortionate.

I'd be interested to know your thoughts on them. I'm concerned they're not very robust - I keep on accidentally loosening the length adjustment on the legs and and I'm worried that in the long run the grub screws will damage the lens attachment. They're also not the easiest to adjust in position.

Having said that, I do like the larger screw adjustment across the frame and the bridge, and the adjustability is invaluable because I've got a funny shaped head!

Neil C

Hi Neil,

I have a pair of Champion frames you can have/try/give to charity/give to worthy junior shooter. If I give them to you, you must pass them on for the same price (sod all!) when you have done with them.

The frames have two rifle shooter lens holders and a single eye shade.

Also included is a Knobloc pistol shooter lens holder and iris modified to work with the Champion frames (I had previously upgraded from Knobloc)

Give me a call when you get into the UK and we can sort you getting them to you.

Hope you are enjoying the land of the rising Yen.

Graham.

Hi Neil,

I have a pair of Champion frames you can have/try/give to charity/give to worthy junior shooter. If I give them to you, you must pass them on for the same price (sod all!) when you have done with them.

The frames have two rifle shooter lens holders and a single eye shade.

Also included is a Knobloc pistol shooter lens holder and iris modified to work with the Champion frames (I had previously upgraded from Knobloc)

Give me a call when you get into the UK and we can sort you getting them to you.

Hope you are enjoying the land of the rising Yen.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, you are too kind.

I'm entitled to stay here on my VISA until October next year but I may

have to come back to the UK early next year for a month or so to drum

up some more business :)

I hope you can "reserve" them for me :)

I hope you can "reserve" them for me :)

Sure thing. They have been gathering dust for six months so they can gather dust for a little longer eh :wink:

Is there an address I could send them to? (via e-mail, please)

C ya

Graham.

• 2 months later...
Guest mike taylor

RE: Shooting specs

The main models available are the 3 varients from Champion; World 1, World2 & Olympic. The opposition is Knoblock. Having tried them all the Champions seem to be the best as they are rigid*, stable, comfortable and have a large range of extras. The Knoblocks are quite good also but are not quite so rigid.

The basic Champion World 1 is excellent and does not suffer from the possible weak points* of it's more expensive stablemate, the Olympic.World 2 is World 1 with an adjustable bridge and is also very stable.

There are other types; Eastern European copies which are heavier and not so well put together, head band lens holders, spectacle types (Junkers) but all are second best.