FWB Bolt protector (tube type) and cleaning rod guide.

Peter C

On 12/12/2019 at 16:00, Gbartonw said:

I've got a 3D printer so if you have access to CAD I'm happy to print it for you. If you don't have CAD a mate and I 3D print Anschutz bolt protectors which I'm sure are similar enough to modify the drawings forto fit a FWB although it might not be very quick!

This has been discussed before on this site, does this comply with Intellectual Design rights. If a person designs a protector and makes it using a 3D printer, then thats one thing, but if they are copies of other items that people have laid out money to develop, then I think thats quite a different proposal.

33 minutes ago, jonty said:

This has been discussed before on this site, does this comply with Intellectual Design rights. If a person designs a protector and makes it using a 3D printer, then thats one thing, but if they are copies of other items that people have laid out money to develop, then I think thats quite a different proposal.

Just had a read through the patent, it seems to cover what George and I are talking about even though my design was generated more or less independently. If we were interested in selling on a large scale it might be possible to contest the patent as overly broad. Also the patent may have expired as of 2014 though I'm not certain about that. Either way, it's probably not worth getting in any kind of trouble over!

• 2 months later...