Nesom M22 Flip-over Tunnel

tim s

Does anyone have a Nesom flip-over tunnel, 22mm size with spirit level? I want a no 1 or 2, to suit a standard sightbase/standard +short tube. 

Anschutz fitting, 1813 or 1913. 

Tim,

I have a 22 mm Nesom flip-over tunnel I could let go but I don't know if it's a 1 or 2 -- it was made for a 1913 barrel with a 10" tube if that helps.

Jason

Hi Jason, 

Thank you, but that would be a 4 or maybe a 3. The number for the sightbase are stamped on the front of the inner tunnel. I have a 4, and it overcompensates on my rifle 

Still looking for a tunnel for a standard sightbase/standard + short tube. 

Tim,

How does your turn over sight overcompensate? I thought the length of the tube on the sight is just down to preference.

Mine  is about 2inch long overall, I think its great.

Could Jason send you a photo, it may be what you are looking for!

Jonty

Hi Jason, 

By length I mean the length of the extension tube on the barrel. Barry adjusts the eccentricity of the inner diameter to suit the sight base; longer sight bases need a greater height differential between the 50 and 100 positions. He makes four (?) variations, and marks this on the front of the inner tunnel. 

I have a no 4 tunnel to suit a 45in sight base (6in action + 27in barrel + 12in tube), so the differential is too much for my current 36in sight base. When I flip it to 100 it moves my group into the 8/9 ring at 12 o'clock. Your tunnel would do much the same, as it was made for a standard barrel +long tube (ca 43in sight base). 

The length of the foresight tunnel varies a bit, but I'm not worried about that. 

I think you were replying to me, but I understand.

Ive learnt something today there Tim.

I thought thats where the shots usualy go, in the 8-9 ring!

Im currently liasing with Jodrell Bank to see if they can make a bit smaller model to fit on my rear sight to assist with getting a better picture.😉

Jonty

Yes, thanks for clarifying. I haven't used my flip-over tunnel in a few years and it's marked 4 on the inner tunnel.

I've switched back to 18 mm tunnels anyway so I should probably call Barry and order up a new one. . . .

Jason