Wanted

Neilfr1

I am looking for a good Anschutz Target rifle for my daughter. She has only been shooting for a few months and her averages are creeping nicely into the 90's with a club rifle. She now needs her own to adapt and improve her scores. Anschutz or similar. Not looking to break the bank as she is a student. Thanks

Neil, a few months isn't a long time to be shooting with a club rifle. Unless there's some major defect with the club rifle or no rifle is available that is a remotely good fit for her then she'd be as well continuing with a club gun and investing in a well fitting shooting jacket if she is serious about keeping up the sport. 

Particularly if her average is "creeping into the 90s", there's no need to have your own rifle at that stage and having something entirely adjustable may well prove to be a hindrance rather than a help. 

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Neil

Are you still looking to buy a rifle?

If so, I'm selling my Anschutz 1913 aluminium stock .22 prone rifle. It will come with the 20 click 7020 rearsight included in the price. It has a Gehmann 565 double polariser/6 colour filter eyepiece and Centra Duo Vario Foresight. The price is £1500.

I am happy to take the foresight and eyepiece off and replace them with a standard eyepiece/foresight. If so, the price would be £1200.

Many thanks.

Ian