Found - Still looking for a Left handed .22 rifle

Victoria

have been prone shooting right handed for a few months at the Sinclair range on the Isle of Man and I'm a member there. I'm now ready to purchase my first rifle. 

I am left handed and left eye dominant and I'm looking for a left handed bolt action rifle with an adjustable stock as I am only 5'2".

If anyone hears of one for sale, please let me know, thanks.

Edited by Victoria

Hi Victoria

I did reply to your post but it doesn't seem to have registered.

We have a club member looking to sell a L/H rifle and I will copy the info at the end of this mesage. Note the remark that it will not include sights.

If you would like further details please let me know   janet dot nicholl at tiscali dot co dot UK

If it's not of interest can you let me know too and I will not follow it up.

Thanks

Janet Nicholl

Precision Rifle Captain

Marlow RPC

I’m thinking of selling my LEFT HANDED Anschutz 1913 in aluminium stock. Purchased from the NSRA in 2013, very little used (only indoor at Marlow for benchrest competitions). No iron sights but all the other bits, including the Anschutz lockable hard case. The scope is a Weaver T36 (current price £600) which I would take off unless someone particularly wanted it and made a reasonable offer.

Would you mind passing this only your precision captain please...guide price, witout the scope, would be £1500.

Thank you Janet, yes it’s of interest.

I’m going to ask for advice at the range tomorrow. 

Can you get photos to me? 

My name with a dot in the middle at gmail dot com

Thank you

Victoria 

Just a thought: do you absolutely require a bolt action rifle? If not, there are three nice BSA Martini Internationals, .all left handed, for sale on Guntrader at the moment. Not expensive and the prices will be negotiable, I daresay, too. They are likely to shoot very well and the martini action will give you a loading port much closer to you than any bolt action (except for very modern and very expensive Swiss and German rifles). Ladies in our club have found BSAs much easier to shoot because of that proximity,  and the one who uses an Anschutz finds its loading port too far away, even though she is somewhat taller than you are. 

Roger

Thank you Roger, I tried a martini action with a non hand specific stock at a different range and found it easy to shoot but I often found the empty shell difficult to eject but it may have needed a service as it belonged to the range. 

I’ll take a look at gun trader - thanks again 😊

32 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Thank you Roger, I tried a martini action with a non hand specific stock at a different range and found it easy to shoot but I often found the empty shell difficult to eject but it may have needed a service as it belonged to the range. 

I’ll take a look at gun trader - thanks again 😊

Victoria, 

A Martini with an ambidextrous stock would probably be a 1940s 12/15. These used the motion of the breech to eject. The later BSA Internationals had spring-powered ejector that work very well; my Club Mk 2 will throw a live cartridge 15 feet! 

The Internationals have dedicated RH or LH stocks, sights, and breeches. 

A Mk 4 would be a good choice. These have the lighter barrel(C 10-11lb total weight) and an alloy fore-end bracket with a proper handstop rail. Be wary of the heavy Mk 2 rifles; these have a very heavy 29in barrel. 

BSA butts tend to be quite long to the grip, but it's not difficult to have a slice cut off the back. 

• 2 weeks later...

Victoria,

There is a left handed Anschutz 1807, with an expensive Gehmann rear sight, complete in all respects for £400 on Guntrader, if you haven't seen it already. A good buy, I would say, if you don't mind the 1807 fore end. The cheek piece has apparently been modified, but that may be a good thing.

Roger

Roger, 

This one? https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/rifles/anschutz/bolt-action/22-lr/1807l-181121100327552

It's an 1809 rather than an 1807; the barrel is the same, so it's an easy mistake. 

Those deep ISU fore-end can be modified on a bandsaw. My club sliced 2cm off a 1410 to drop the barrel for prone. 

£400 is not a bad price for a lefty. 

• 3 weeks later...

Victoria,

What looks like a rather nice L/H Anschutz has just been advertised on Guntrader. Lacks a butt hook off its otherwise up to date factory butt plate. Apparently a '1600' rather than an 1800 series, which means spares are scarce if needed for the trigger unit or bolt, but with care and a bit of luck you won't need them. Not a bad price IMHO. Well worth a look.

Roger

This one? https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/rifles/anschutz

The price is good considering the new butt and handstop. I wouldn't be too hasty in saying it's a 1613. I've seen a few early LH 1800s with 1600 barrel/receivers. You have to see the bolt and trigger to be sure. The SN is a little low for an early 1800 mind. 

The model aside, this is a heavy barrel, and will weight 13lb-ish.

Originally I wanted to spend less than £2k but all I seem to find have heavy wooden stocks. 

I need a short stock or the ability to shorten the stock without having to cut it shorter. 

£4K May be possible but it won’t be until February as I need to save very hard for it.

I may be given cash for Christmas which will help but I won’t know until next week.

Victoria