Found - Still looking for a Left handed .22 rifle

Victoria

Hi Victoria,

I've only just signed up to this site on the advice of a club member. Due to a medical problem and following doctors advice my shooting days are over and am therefore selling off my equipment. I spotted your request for a rifle and thought I'd reply you before putting it on the for sale board:-

Anschutz Match Model 1807L .22 Cal Long Rifle

It does have a standard wooden stock. I understand your situation in saying you are 5' 2" although we do have an exceptional female shooter are our club who would make you look like a giant and she shoots the same rifle as myself.

Anyway if you're interested come back to me and I'll take some photos - in the daylight.

Jim

£4k would be very close to getting a new KK500 and if there are any used ones out there then they'd be sub £4k.  The huge advantage is when (or if) you come to sell it it'd far easier as it can be either RH or LH.  The market for LH rifles is quite limited.

They are also cracking good rifles and come ready to shoot out of the box - sights, butt plate, hand stop etc are all included.

Hi Victoria, 

At Laxey rifle club we have a left hand club air rifle if you want to come down to try air rifle, I know that St John's are working on setting up air rifle, but we have been doing air rifle for years. 

We also have a left hand Anshutz but it is a horrendous heavy old thing.

i can be contacted on 07624491453. Airgun opening hours are 6-8 Friday and Saturday evenings.

It’s ok, at the Sinclair range, they want to provide air rifle shooters too, but I enjoy shooting 50m but as much as I’m doing ok with a right eye shooting, I’d prefer to be using my left. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/12/2018 at 16:23, Jim Steele said:

Hi Victoria,

I've only just signed up to this site on the advice of a club member. Due to a medical problem and following doctors advice my shooting days are over and am therefore selling off my equipment. I spotted your request for a rifle and thought I'd reply you before putting it on the for sale board:-

Anschutz Match Model 1807L .22 Cal Long Rifle

It does have a standard wooden stock. I understand your situation in saying you are 5' 2" although we do have an exceptional female shooter are our club who would make you look like a giant and she shoots the same rifle as myself.

Anyway if you're interested come back to me and I'll take some photos - in the daylight.

Jim

Hi Jim, not wishing to do Victoria out of a lead but would be interested in the 1807L.....

I have found a rifle 😊 it arrived on Island yesterday and hopefully it’s ideal for me - that’s the trouble not being able to see or feel the weight of a rifle before purchasing.

I still need rear sights for it if anyone has left hand or universal sights for sale?

Thanks everyone!

Victoria 

WOW.

Fantastic, What a superb rifle for you. I am sure you will get many, many hours of enjoyment from it. Everytime you look at it it will give you a buzz. Far better than putting your money in an old lump of iron that you will struggle to improve with.

Everything comes to she who waits!

Well Done

4 minutes ago, jonty said:

WOW.

Fantastic, What a superb rifle for you. I am sure you will get many, many hours of enjoyment from it. Everytime you look at it it will give you a buzz. Far better than putting your money in an old lump of iron that you will struggle to improve with.

Everything comes to she who waits!

Well Done

Thank you Jonty. I haven't seen it in real life yet. Licensing regulations, but I might see it on Wednesday. I'm told it maybe too big for me - but I'm hoping it can be resolved without having to sell it on and start a whole new quest.

Fingers and toes crossed 

If you find it too large for you, seek advice, probably on here, I NEVER advocate cutting or chopping stocks down. It may be that the RSIII stock comes with an adapter to take the G&E action, if so, this would make it much easier to sell on as other action makes could be made to go into it. 

Maybe Tim S knows the answer to this?

Jonty