Bolt Protectors-Anschutz

Housey

Thank you for the feedback, it is very much appreciated.

I still have these on sale, every time i put more up it comes with a different link but it will come up if you use the search bar on ebay. 

I now make these in red, I will make a proper ebay listing where you can select the colour but until then just add a note to your order.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks remarkably like a copy of the product designed and developed years ago by Lowey Products in Australia.

On 11/08/2018 at 06:13, Mac said:

Looks remarkably like a copy of the product designed and developed years ago by Lowey Products in Australia.

My colleagues and I were thinking the same thing. 

It may be that the 'intellectual rights' of Lowey may have been compromised. Let alone if Lowey products are subject of copyright.

Its one thing to make one on a 3D printer for your self, but to generate them for sale is another issue.

That is of course if the items on sale here are copied from a Lowey product. Looking at the pictures, and comparing them with Lowey products I have,  I would suggest this may be the case.

Solicitors can make a lot of money from such cases!

Jonty

2 hours ago, Coiln said:

Depends if Lowey put a copyright in for the design, of a patent for the bolt protector.Lots of things get copied but differ slightly, have a look at Aldi supermarket and their packaging of stuff

Perfectly true but Aldi are coming under pressure to change their packaging, it is probably more to do with the contents, they are copying recipes of chefs that are making items for the original customer. The package is to catch the eye, and make them similar to the original.

Anyway, whats Aldi, is it a German car maker? Is it like Waitrose?

J

1 hour ago, Hyperlink said:

Patent No.: PCT/AU2007/000035

Lol - which just goes to show that you can patent any old tosh these days. Straight away I notice:

• Filing date,  1 Jan 2007. Pretty sure I bought mine long before that... so "prior art"?
  • "Modifications and variations such as would be apparent to a skilled addressee are deemed within the scope of the present invention."  - i.e. "anything that you can think of that improves our design is also part of our design"... err, no.

My view. is that if someone takes the time and effort to produce some product, then it is unacceptable to use their design. 

I have had a number of Lowey bolt protectors and they are an extremely well made item.

I am sure if someone had taken to copying your hard work, then you would be the first to call foul.

An old saying for you, 'Buy cheap, buy twice'. 

• neil locked and unlocked this topic

Sorry guys, but I know Jason well and don't feel comfortable (implicitly) promoting what looks to be a copy of his design and that he relies upon to contribute towards his income.

Don't you think that the rifle manufacturers would have made their own instead of going to Lowe products if they could (at least morally)?

Topic closed, and link removed.

Housey, it's up to you how you wish to proceed out with the forum but I've received complaints from a few sources and I'm afraid cannot allow the forum to continue to promote what may well be a patent infringement. Sorry if that seems harsh but at the end of the day, I run this forum for everyone, for free and whilst I explicitly state that content is the responsibility of the poster, and that I accept no liability, it would be remiss of me to turn a blind eye here.

All the best
Neil

• neil locked and unlocked this topic

Also, to those that say this looks like a Lpowey Bolt Protector. That's because you can't change something that is a tube with a hole in it. I guess I could give it wings perhaps?

I have done my research. The Patent is null and void due to renewal payments not being made in 2014. The link I posted above is from Australia's own Patent system.

• 7 months later...