Bolt Protectors-Anschutz

Housey

Hey guys,

I've been spending some time designing a bolt protector for the Anschutz Match 54 bolt (1813 onwards).

I have now started a small production line 3D printing them. As I'm just trying to gauge if there is an interest in a more affordable protector, I have only made a couple in Black.

If there is more of an interest I will add more colours and the ability to personalise them such your name,club name, logo etc.

Please let me know your thoughts. At the moment they are on ebay for £12.99, however my ebay account will accept offers of £9.99 or more if you feel they are worth less.

I've used these on my bolt for the past 6 months with absolutely no wear and tear.

Thanks guys

1531680187_tmp_20180715_092445.jpg

1531680274_tmp_20180715_092255.jpg

1531680302_tmp_20180715_092333.jpg

Nice idea.

Would it be possible to extend the bolt-protector to cover and protect the back end and the ejectors too?

It looks as though you have a lid that will cover the ejector end...

And will it fit my 1978 Match54 serial 164xxx ?

R

These can absolutely be changed. When I modelled this I based it on the current ones out there. The end cap does cover the bolt face, i like the idea of having it flush at the end so I could clean the face whilst housed.

I will create a couple extending further both ends to see how they get on. 

I have no Idea if it will fit a 1978. I have only an 1813 so that's all I could model off. I will be designing more in the future as I am going to be measuring different bolts at my club.

7 hours ago, RJP345 said:

Nice idea.

Would it be possible to extend the bolt-protector to cover and protect the back end and the ejectors too?

It looks as though you have a lid that will cover the ejector end...

And will it fit my 1978 Match54 serial 164xxx ?

R

The front portion of the bolt didn't change until the mid-'80s, and even then Anschutz only switched from the shallow groove clearing the ejector to a slighter broader and shallower rib. 

The lug geometry appears the same. The firing pin and cocking cams did change, but that may not matter. 

Hi, I'll take one for my Match 54 and we could do with a couple for the club Anshutz's too - a 1813 and a 1903

Cheers, Mike

(I'll see you at the club soon)

Edited by dda1000

Hi

Just brought one on e-bay.

I bit of a step up from my old cut out water pipe.

Many thanks.

Any chance of extending the range to cover Grunig ?

Regards,

Mick

I will eventually try to cover other brands. As I cannot find dimensions online I need to measure the bolts myself. 

I will be disappearing for 4 months with work soon. So no new models will appear before then. (Sorry guys)

Okay. Ive just sold the last of what Ive already printed. Should have some more by the weekend and will put the listing back up.

To the guys who have already brought some, please let me know what you think and let me know if there are any massive issues.

Thanks

On 17/07/2018 at 06:51, Housey said:

I will eventually try to cover other brands. As I cannot find dimensions online I need to measure the bolts myself. 

I will be disappearing for 4 months with work soon. So no new models will appear before then. (Sorry guys)

To a dusty place beginning with A by any chance?

Received mine today...unfortunately it was broken......the part where the arm of bolt should be....send me your email and I can send you pics, rather than go down the refund from ebay is it poss to send another 1?....Thanks Steve

Received mine.

Used it and it works well.

Very impressed. Like I said a step up from my bit of blue water pipe.

When I get the Grunig I will forward you the dims for the bolt.

Many Thanks

Mick