Rifle And Boots Foe Sale

Oh wait, that's why I have moderators :P

Not in this category you don't. You're on your own here!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the biggest concentration of this is apparently the German fleet at the bottom of Scapa Flow!

Nuclear fallout or steel! :P:P:P

Just dug myself out of all the mud thrown my way, humourous mud it was but mud all the same. Not an easy job as I had to dig myself out of the whole I'd dug for myself first.

Guesty was interested and PM'ed me to say so. I thought it was a 1913, but Guesty put me right after I sent him the photo's. Hence the pic I posted in this thread and the question asking which model it was. In my discussion with Guesty I said I was going to Eley to batch test my 2013 and I would put "a few " rounds through my old barrel, so he could see how it shoots.

My flippant remark about keeping it was in jest. However if the old barrel shoots 7mm groups I would be mad to sell it. Maybe my 2013 Anschutz stainless barrel will be up for sale instead. Its not the case that I will only sell it if its crap. I have two guns one has to go. Either way I'll post the groups up here so people can see what they are buying. If thats not good enough I can offer a refund after a month, as long as it comes back as is. Seems a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Doah, try and do someone a favour!!! :D

Oooh ... handbag alert :)

I reckon you take it up to Eley and it will shout just fine, its suprising how many 'older' rifles do, and Bert will be able to give a quick once-over for headspace and what have you. Looks like a decent enough gun .. clearly capable of performing.

Tell you what, I'll even put the piccy on the back of the club newsletter and a few kind words ;) One lad who is giving up had plenty of enquiries for his 1611 just recently :rolleyes:

Oooh ... handbag alert :)

Sorry I don't own one, should I take it this has something to do with one of your other pastimes. :D

What I do have is a large pile of mud, which has only been slung once, and a large hole. :D

Probably best to fill in the hole, then walk away and pretend it didn't happen. :D

Or perhaps I should try to sell it on ebay. I might get further than I am getting trying to sell this rifle. :D

Chris

I will advertise your rifle at the forthcoming Worthing and West Shoot, if that’s ok with you :D

How much commission does the first person get that sells it for you? ;)

Thanks for the offers of advertising it for me, both of which are very much appreciated.

Commission, hmm, I could do something with those antlers if you like.

Chris

What model number should it be advertised as, I am getting rather lost, is it a 1413-1613-1813-1913 or should I say it’s a experimental model of a early 2013 :blink:

Chris

What model number should it be advertised as, I am getting rather lost, is it a 1413-1613-1813-1913 or should I say it’s a experimental model of a early 2013 :blink:

1613 seems to be the consensus on here. thanks again.

I'd be pretty certain it's an early 16 series (transitional between 14 & 18 series).

The features on the stock are consistent with this but who's to say this is the original stock - Chris says he got it 2nd++ hand?

I think the HI proofmark is 1978.

Regards,

Sandy.

• 2 months later...

Hi Chris

If your boots are still available can you bring them to the ESSU as discussed last weekend and I'll give them a go. Cheers.

Sink