Rifle And Boots Foe Sale

Anschutz 14 series Free Rifle with a match 54 Heavy barrel for sale, sights, palm shelf and wieght bar included. Barrel in good condition (just before I changed to a 20 series was shooting high 390's prone and shot 382 standing), £450.

1 Pair Kusterman boots size 10 1/2. 12 years old but still in reasonably good nick £15.

Kurt Thune boots European size 45 hardly used superb condition £75

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes thats right I was in Italy, having brain fade on two of my strings of Air Rifle, hmm never mind. If you need some pictures let me know.

Cheers

Chris

He's not got his FAC yet, it's still being processed by Surrey police, but he's interested if you still have it by the time Surrey have got around to doing it. I'll let you know then. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Heres a picture of the rifle and accessories. I was sold this as a 1913 but it now appears its a 1413. If anyone think differently let me know.

post-15-1106605230.jpg

That bolt looks like a 19 series.

the bolt on the 14 series had the flap at the back for a safety catch.

the trigger on the 14 series is different - that is the whole trigger, but most noticably the blade.

There was an 1813 produced - which I think uses the same action as the 19 series, but has a block for the foresight rather than the grooves.

My rifle is an 18 series with a number beginning 198---

However, I would guess there was an crossover when changing between styles - which I think would be indicated by an X at the end of the number.

Actually, I think the number would be able to define it - there must be a list which says number aaa-bbb is a 14 series, bbb-ccc is an 18 series, and ccc-ddd is a 19 series action

Jim

The butt plate dates it however - from memory the 1913 came with the next generation of hook (although the later 1813 models may have had this as well), and had grooves in the barrel instead of the foresight block. I would say this was an 1813, probably made in the early 1980s. There was also a transition model between the 14 and 1813, known to some as the 1613 although I don't think that was an official model number.

It's also difficult to tell in the picture what the front of the stock is like - there was a difference between the shape of the 1413 and the 1813.

There should also be engraving on the barrel - if it says Match 54 then it is probably a 1413, otherwise it should say 1813 or 1913.

This topic came up a while ago. X suffixed match 54s were produced in the '70s, and Anschutz do call them the 16 series (see thier trigger model chart). Some people have suggested that the X stood for Experimental, as Anschutz used a slot in the underside of the bolt to alter the air pressure during firing.

The only 16 series I've taken apart did NOT have a slot in the bolt. because of this I tend to believe that the X (experimental) was for the redesigned bolt and trigger. They were still sold as the 14 series, but Anschutz unofficially called them the 16. I'm not sure what difference there is between a 16 and an 18.

Didn't most 1813s and 1913s have the bigger triggerguard?

Guest ksilver766

I have an "07" which I believe to be an 18 series serial No. 17----X with slotted bolt and my son has a "13" which I also believe is an 18 serial No. 17----X again with the slotted bolt. I have another 1813 serial No. 21----.

With your serial no. I would think it is unlikely that your rifle is a 19 series.

I have seen, I think on one of the benchrest forums, guys saying that they have written to Anschutz given the serial No. and they have replied with information on year etc. Might be worth a try if you have the tme to wait.

It does have the slotted bolt and the forend it rounded. Sounds like it might be this 16 series hybrid. The manual I got with it, is for a 14 series. I bought it second hand in about 1990. I don't know how many people had it before.

I'm going to test it at Eley anyway. I'll post the groups here when thats done. Should be interesting how my two barrels compare. It will be funny if I come back looking for a new 19 series stock won't it.