Realtree Jackets/hw77k For Sale.

Guest parrymaxtom

Guest trev

Shall we all get one, and camouflage our rifles, scopes, slings, gloves, ammo box, timer etc, :P

Wow we could even have camouflaged Ammo, :lol:

Camouflaged targets would be good, but who makes camouflaged foresight elements? :blink:

Trev

I followed the link but couldn't see anything as it was camouflaged, so it must be good stuff. :D

Trev don't be silly you won't be able to aim at a camouflaged target with a camouflaged foresight element, the two would merge so you couldn't see anyhting apart from distant country side. As for camouflaging the rest of the kit it would simply a health and security risk. As soon as you put it down you wouldn't be able to find it. Honestly think before you but posts on here. :D:D:D

Guest trev

I have been out in the field testing the theory chris put forward.

And I can confirm that chris is 100% right, now all I need is some help to find my dam gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Trev

Guest trev

Unfortunately Emma ,that Chris Hector beat you to it.

He has special glasses that can see through the camoflage, and if were lucky he might tell us where to get them from.

Mind you I know someone with a camouflaged range rover and when the paras were shooting at bisley I hid under the seat laughing. :ph34r:

I needn’t have bothered all they saw was a roof rack going past the trees :lol:

Trev

Camouflage Targets

Not as unlikely as you seem to think! The following is taken from "The Citizen Rifleman" by E.J.D. Newitt, published in 1906. Newitt was one of the early secretaries of the Society of Miniature Rifle Clubs (SMRC) and the secretary of Southfields Rifle Club:

page 95.

"The society's standard Intermediate targets are of the same dimensions as the rudimentary targets, with measuring rings of the same diameter, but are printed on grass-green card and the object aimed at is a representation to scale of the head and shoulders of a khaki-clad soldier in the prone position as he would appear at 500 yards' distance"

page 96.

The society's standard advanced targets are intended for collective team firing against a time limit. Six khaki heads and shoulders to scale as previuosly described are unevenly printed on grass-green paper, oblong in shape; no scoring rings are used, hits on the figures only count."

It is also interesting to note that in those days competitions were commonly "5 shots standing and 5 prone" as well as shooting at both moving and disappearing targets. They also routinely shot smallbore rifles at 200 yds.

Rutty

Bugger Bugger Bugger, put my special glasses in a camouflaged glasses case. Bugger. Sorry Trev your kit is lost for good