Bleiker 6mm br CISM

Artiglio

Evening all

took the rifle out this evening to take some photos in response to an enquiry and there is evidence of a crack and slight movement in the “wrist”. As such i’ll withdraw the rifle from sale until i’ve had it looked at and seen what options are available in respect of a repair.

• 3 months later...

Good evening, yes, had it looked at, decided not to break the stock completely, instead its had a pillar bedded in to replace the previous insert. Rifles all back together, and all seems fine ,just need to get a day at bisley to check it out and get a reasonable number of rounds through it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it turned out when i shot the rifle that it still was’nt right. So the plug in bottom of handgrip was drilled out to reveal a skinny 100mm wood screw which is the factory reinforcement to the stock. Took it out and stock broke clean in two very easily. So it was drilled out and an 8mm stud epoxied in.

All line up nicely, but a very obvious glue line around the break. Short of refinishing the whole stock little to be done about it.

Shot it today at 600 yards on century, did so very nicely , considering its been some time since i’d put a jacket and sling on and being rather chilly. Recoil impulse felt solid. 

Once weather warms up a bit i’ll get it back out for a proper go. If anyone is interested , drop me a line and i’ll email a few pics across.

The first 300 metre date is 16th/17th March,  2019, a Training week end,  chance to shoot indoor firing points, electronic targets, will still be cold,  but warmer than out side, and dry!

Contact 300m@nra.org.uk to book FP time, best closer to the date.

Thanks for that , i’ll bear it in mind. One of the chaps i shoot fclass with is a very keen 300m shooter. Much as i enjoy shooting in a jacket and sling , i’ve never been any good and fclass has become my firm favourite, but if time permits and there’s space on the day i might well give it a go.

atb phil

• 2 months later...