Bleiker 6mm br CISM

Artiglio

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Artiglio,

I have just had a 6mm slot put on my certificate and i'm looking to expand out into F class and 300m. Can you send me the details of the rifle and accessories so that i can chat with my friend who shoots 300m to see if the kit would be right for me?

Thanks,

Jo

Jo,

I have one of these rifles, which I use to shoot F-Class at 200 and 500 yards, and if I lived 200 miles closer to Bisley, I'd probably use for 300m as well...

Pro:

That's a very good price for the rifle if it includes the sights as per the picture! As the rifle is designed for 300m shooting you shouldn't have any problems using it for that, and the 6BR round is pretty accurate out to that distance.

350 is a decent round count, the usual estimates for a 6BR are 5-6000 rounds out of a barrel.

Cons (all minor, really):

It'll do you fine for short range F-Class, *if* you replace the rearsight dovetail rail with a longer one. The one fitted by Bleiker is about 1/2 the length of the top of the action, and is not long enough to sensibly mount a scope on; if you look at the picture above you can just about see rail being only just longer than the fitted sights! The good news is that it's a simple enough engineering job to manufacture a replacement - I got Barry Nesom on the job for mine. Use Loctite on the two bolts when you put them back in, otherwise they will fall out again after a few boxes of ammo ;)

The stock isn't the greatest in terms of shape and adjustment - you'll probably want to upgrade to a better one in time.

The 6BR round starts to fade a bit at 500 yards, so it gets affected by the wind more than the larger F-Class calibres. You'll not be using it at 1000 yards either ;)

Factory ammunition (Norma DIamond Line is pretty much the only choice) is CRIPPLINGLY expensive, so expect to reload them!

I'd say "yes, buy it", but by all means have a word with your mate first :D

Edited by nicklock
didn't finish off the sentence first time round!

I do also agree that is a good price and well worth the price,  the barrel count is fine, but just to correct, 6 mmBR accurate barrel life is 2500 -3000 certainly for shooting on tight targets such as 300 m and F class.

Also 6 mmBR shoots very well at 500 and 600 yds, my wife uses her spare 6 mmBR at 600 very successfully to practice wind,  (and that's using our soft loaded 300 m loads), shoots flatter and handles wind very similar to 7.62 because the Ballistic Coefficient  (BC) is better, and they will also go out to 1000 with no problems.

For 300 m use, the CISM has a 1500gm trigger, but the free trigger can be fitted, and the rifle shoots very well at 300 m (what its designed for), agree on ammo, factory Norma or  Lapua is silly expensive, we reload top level ammo, works out about 60p a pop using 107 gn SIerra MK's.

Both you and Nick are welcome to come to the gb300m dates to shoot the real thing!

I'd have bought it at that price if I'd had a space on my ticket! So get it quick before I'm tempted to get a variation! I'm surprised its still there!

Edited by RobinC

Thanks for the advise guys :)

Robin, When do you guys next meet at Bisley? It'd be good to come down and have a chat with some of the shooters and i already know Richard Fowke (who shoots at Andover with me). When i started .22, i rushed out to get the kit which eventually was all replaced for higher end kit to meet ISSF rules etc, hence my hesitation in making a quick purchase as i just want to buy everything! Would i need to be an NRA member to join GB300m? It would be good to chat to people about reloading etc and maybe even f class kit if anyone shoots it.

Thanks for the advise and hopefully catch you down Bisley sometime :)

Hi Jo,

Agree with everything above.  Two points l feel compelled to make:

1) The CISM element of the above rifle means, l believe, that it has a magazine - are you aware of that?  

2)  I would suggest that to combine a 300M rifle with an F-Class ‘beast’ is a big ask.

Can’t speak for the 300M element, but l believe, without exception, the F-Class boys will only ever use a single shot action, tailored for a round they know will give them outstanding accuracy at 1000yds.  Barrel length and twist rate too are crucial considerations - not sure the 300M requirements would be the same as those for the 1000yds??  If using the magazine on this rifle, that will dictate the overall cartridge length for ammo.......F-Class boys ‘stoke’ their rounds high and require every possible available element of case capacity to get there.......chambers are tailored to allow bullets to be seated with minimum amounts being held by case neck.  Very bespoke!  Barrel length for 1000yds is commonly 30”!

you must ask yourself one question IMHO.....are you intending to shoot both disciplines ‘for fun’ or are you ‘serious’?  Either is fine 😜 but although l think the above rifle is superbly engineered....and a fantastic price......be sure it fits your expectations.

If wanting to enter any comps. F-Class “open’ is, l believe, the only comp. you could enter with this calibre?

All the above, from the perspective of a March Rifle shooter......so take from it what you will 😜

Sincere apologies if this upsets....only one opinion you understand!!

Good luck with your project.

Rob

Edited by Rob Thorp
Oversight correction

Hi Jo....

Me again!

Have done a little homework since posting the above:

It appears the Bleiker CISM rifle does NOT have a magazine....many other makes of this discipline of rifle do!

Appologies for the ‘bum steer’ in this regard.  Please ignore the above magazine related guidance therefore 😳

Rob

Edited by Rob Thorp
Grammar error

Err, mine has a magazine? That's why the stock is so deep just in front of the trigger guard...

Edit while typing: you're thinking of the CISM *PRONE* stock - https://bleiker.ch/?lid=1#!56       ... have a close look at the angle of the stock in front of the trigger guard, and compare it to the plain CISM model - https://bleiker.ch/?lid=1#!55

You're not forced to use the magazine though, it's just a loading platform when I shoot!

Cheers Nick,

Knowledge is power 😜 as always!  Thanks for the clarity.

Bleiker site seemed unclear to me and where l was looking made no mention of the magazine....that l have always seen on other CISM rifles from other Swiss manufacturers!  Thus, l assumed l was wrong.  As you say, seems Bleiker offer with / without.  

Rob

Good day all,

apologies for slow response have been shooting the imperial fopen.

Another pic showing the magazine and well, as above not a rifle suited for serious fclass. Its a beautifully made piece of kit, much as i enjoy shooting iron sights its just not getting used enough , a brocken arm and slow shoulder rehab has added to time issues. 

If anyone would like any more detail or pictures, let me have an email address and i’ll send some through.

all the best phil

3D795716-6E54-46CA-BDF3-98B6A936457A.jpeg

Just read through the comments above.

i have used it with a scope , i used a set of tierone dovetail rings on the rifle as it is.

the rifle comes as shown in the picture, ie includes the anschutz sights and mirage band.

the magazine holds 10 rounds

i handload and currently shoot 105 berger hybrids with n140 at around 2800 fps..