Anschutz Target Rifle Wanted South-East

RJP345

I am looking for a nice rifle for prone shooting.

Preferences are:

Anschutz 1913 or similar

Alternatively a late model Match 54 with a good barrel.

Heavy barrel 660 or 690mm

Prone stock with adjustable cheek-piece

Alloy butt-plate

Reasonable price

If you have anything similar you would consider selling or you hear of anything, please contact me.

Many thanks,

Richard

I am looking to sell my Anschutz 54.30 if interested. Only a year old. Shot 20 cards plus 3 visited comps. Want to concentrate on air rifle now. Has anschutz canting sights with centra 22mm foresight. Anschutz folding bipod and new 12 inch extension tube made by Barry Nesom. Total spend £4200.

Great rifle would need £2800 for the whole thing. Case included.

Cheers

Davie 

Thanks Davie, sounds very nice but over my budget unfortunately.

I'm a newbie looking in the £600 to £1000 area, I should probably have said.

Good luck selling it and feel free to "hijack" the thread a little with a photo if you wish.

Regards,

Richard

On 11/04/2018 at 01:06, Davie Mckenzie said:

I am looking to sell my Anschutz 54.30 if interested. Only a year old. Shot 20 cards plus 3 visited comps. Want to concentrate on air rifle now. Has anschutz canting sights with centra 22mm foresight. Anschutz folding bipod and new 12 inch extension tube made by Barry Nesom. Total spend £4200.

Great rifle would need £2800 for the whole thing. Case included.

Cheers

Davie 

I'd be interested to see some pictures.  I think it may be out my range too, but you never know.

On 11/04/2018 at 20:26, RJP345 said:

Thanks Davie, sounds very nice but over my budget unfortunately.

I'm a newbie looking in the £600 to £1000 area, I should probably have said.

Good luck selling it and feel free to "hijack" the thread a little with a photo if you wish.

Regards,

Richard

Hi Richard, 

Thanks for the reply and good luck finding a rifle.

Cheers Davie. 

Hi Richard,

I do have an 1813 with a Boarder barrel which has only shot about 7,500 rounds, and am looking for £1200 as it comes complete with sights, handstop and bipod - PM me if you’re interested. I did post some pictures of it a while ago on the For Sale section if you want to trawl back and find it though

cheers

Neil.

Hi James,

I think you're right, I like the Supermatch stock.

I find the 1913 or 2013 type cheekpiece ok, it has height and a little sideways movement with a fairly square edge. I can't seem to find the right position with the older models with height only and the cheekpiece with the more rounded shape.

The alloy stocks do seem to command a high price, perhaps because most of the best shooters with very good rifles use them. I was in Australia in February and missed a 1913 in alu that was advertised for £1250... :-/

20 hours ago, RJP345 said:

I can't seem to find the right position with the older models with height only and the cheekpiece with the more rounded shape.

Slightly off topic,  but why not make your own cheekpiece? On an 1813* the wood is held onto the metal bracket with two wood screws. It's a doddle to remove it, and screw on a piece of softwood that''s about the right size and shape. Cut or sand that to shape and call your uncle Robert. You even get lateral adjustment by how far across the bracket you screw on the new wood.

*And any Supermatch using that spring-loaded cheekpiece - 1413 (from 1972/3), 1613, 1813, and 1913 (until at least 93), and the 11 series of Prone-only rifles.

Also off topic, but then this is also a Wanted in the sales!

Flat top cheek pieces are a doddle to make, I make all mine for all mine and my wife's rifles that don't come with them, email me for pics