Wanted - Left Handed Stock

Guest JamieCH

Guest JamieCH

Does any one know where i could possible get my hands on a light weight left handed stock.

As Edinburgh University Rifle Club has one of it's main team members shooting with one in two peices...

I know it's difficult to find one of these, and i have less of a clue than any one, so if any one could give me some direction to go in...

Thanks

Jamie Cole - Hamilton

You could always do what I've been suggesting for months and make an insurance claim for the damned thing!

Jamie, what do you mean by lightweight? What action does it need to fit? There is an 07 left handed stock to fit an Anschutz M54 right hand action (with cross-over bolt) here if the situation is desparate. If you need it before BUSA the price could even come down to around £1000 :)

Rather than go to the inconvenience of an insurance claim, surely you could get Mac the Eternal Student to sign up for GCSE Woodworking classes?

Patrick

St Andrews

Does any one know where i could possible get my hands on a light weight left handed stock.

As Edinburgh University Rifle Club has one of it's main team members shooting with one in two peices...

I know it's difficult to find one of these, and i have less of a clue than any one, so if any one could give me some direction to go in...

Thanks

Jamie Cole - Hamilton

Jamie - ask Tricia, she might still have one.

Guest JamieCH

Thanks, no the situation isn't desperate, the in-two-pieces rifle seems to work very well.

I've given up trying to get the insurance claim in just trying to find a replacement.

The rifle is an Anschutz 1913 (or something) with left handed action. i should have mentioned that (oops). (cheers any way patrick, oh and it's a bit rich about the eternal student.....)

Not going to be able to get it before BUSA, but trying to get something organised before next term.

Donald do you have Tricia's number (or email), could you email it to me thanks.

Jamie Cole - Hamilton.

P.s. I think the Woodworking course is a good idea....

• 1 month later...

I have a stock which will suit, Not sure about light weight, I've not heard of that.

This is a normal adult stock, only saw about three months use, cost heading for £400 and is in mint condition. Has adjustable butt plate and cheek piece. The owner retired and sold the rifle to me, it's a left handed stock which has been altered to fit a right handed action (will now fit either left or right handed action perfectly) The action I got was right handed so I got an alu stock for it (i'm a right handed shooter). I haven't really decided on a price, make me an offer - I'll give it some thought.

I have a lefthanded walnut stock with adjustable butt plate and cheekpiece

that was fitted to my 1813, not certain about the lightweight bit? would this be of use?