Forum Blocked

Hitchphil

• 6 months later...

Its not the only gun forum to be blocked by many providers. It gives the snowflakes something to do reporting them. Surrey Guns was also blocked just before they went bust.  I just ask my provider to switch off the adult filter which is not so easy on PAYG. 

Edited by Guest

I tried contacting Talk Talk but they said that each customer would need to contact them and request to have the Home "Security" feature disabled to get around it .. they did not seem interested in listening about reclassification.

I'll try to find out which data feed they use - this is the easiest way to go about that.

UPDATE:
Symantec classification - Forums and Messageboards, English, Hobby, English
Bluecoat (now Symantec WebPulse) classification - Sports/Recreation, Newsgroups/Forums

Edited by tmiklas

The Open Rights Group have a handy tool for checking if sites are on an ISP block list.

You can also send unblocking/reclassification requests with it.

I've had some success getting some sites off (WTSF and WSRA) with Vodafone and Sky being relatively responsive. At the very least you can normally get it off the "regular" lists but they'll dig their heels in on the "Kidsafe" or "Strict" filters.

It can also be a bit whack-a-mole because getting a site off the black-list doesn't necessarily get it white-listed, it just goes "neutral" - since they often use third party lists, sites can end up getting added back on.