Telescopic Sight

hps1200

I am looking to buy a receiver mounted fixed power (20x up to 25x) with dot or cross hair reticle telescopic sight suitable for prone shooting from 25 yards up to 100 yards. If it come with mounts then so be it.

Preferably second hand but must be in good overall condition & the optics in excellent condition.

I might be able to afford a new one but looking on the Internet I don't see many fitting this description for sale in the UK. Most I have seen are 36x which in my opinion is too much for prone shooting.

If anyone who has such an item they want to move on or anyone else who has some knowledge or advice I would be glad to hear from them.

HPS,

if you're prepared to accept a little extra weight, there are a few affordably priced variable 'scopes that would meet your brief. I had a 6-24 Tasco that worked nicely at 25 yards (never took it to 50m). If fixed is a must though, the Edgar Brothers Optimate 24X, scopes pop up on eBay occasionally.

Tim

Thanks guys. Fixed power is what I want, partly due to the weight issue.

Colin, I have checked on EBay but can't seem to find any fixed power scopes. Do you have a make or more details?

Thanks in advance if you can help me find it.