Anschutz Butt Hook Part

Anschutzfan

Hi all,

A bit of a long shot but i'm trying to track down a part for an old style Anschutz butt for a club member, its the centre 'adaptor' piece (shown with the arrow on the photo) that lets you use the armadillo finger in place of the usual ginormous cast alloy hook.

If you have one knocking around you don't mind selling please let me know, also on the look out for the two bolts, nut and finger but the centre piece is the killer to find.

Thanks and rgds

It's highly probable that my club has all the parts you are after but I will need to check.

We hold the rifles offsite so things like butthooks just get in the way for transportation, so we have removed them. I will check their whereabouts whilst you ping me an offer :)

• 4 weeks later...

It's highly probable that my club has all the parts you are after but I will need to check.

I checked. We have! Also the main fixing bolt and knuckle (first aluminium part) if anyone else is looking :D

post-2059-0-33729900-1473209948_thumb.jpg

post-2059-0-73632200-1473209998_thumb.jpg

post-2059-0-66021600-1473210025_thumb.jpg

post-2059-0-58201500-1473210040_thumb.jpg

post-2059-0-89223000-1473210060_thumb.jpg

post-2059-0-15871600-1473210075_thumb.jpg

Edited by Huey

Not ATM Michelle (offer pending) but that does seem to be the bit in demand!

I would have thought if you have the middle section with the set screws, then some alu rod of a suitable dia. would see you right. You could bend the alu rod too.

Ok, so slightly suprised by the interest this is generating, but to clarify for the various PMs I've received, these are the bits the club has :):

post-2059-0-35845900-1473291330_thumb.jpg

post-2059-0-27958800-1473291341_thumb.jpg

All proceeds (as and when) to the club's coffers.

Hi All

I've often seen posts for people wanting the 'butt plate-to-hook' connector and assume them to be as common as 'Hen's teeth'. There's a guy that designs and makes accessories for Field Target rifles by using the Selective Laser Sintering process. Many of his designs are improvements on the OEM parts and I'm sure that if you approached him with an original part he'd be willing to make a counterpart, or maybe an improved version. The process is not cheap but he has the advantage of a webshop and if there's enough demand the unit price would be reduced.

Anyway, it was just a thought, here's the link to his website www.maestro-design.co.uk

10 Dots

Indeed, I bought some Gemini buttplate links from him the other week :)

Shame he'd run out of bipods though, I'm looking for another Gemini (as much as his version very close) with the long legs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Ta for all the help on this ghastly project so far.

I still need to find the two parts in the new photo, the bottom half of the hinge and the finger - see arrows 1 and 2.

The hard bit is they need to be the early raw aluminium (silver) version as shown, not the later, and seemingly more common darker grey 'monkey metal' version'

If anyone has these to sell please let me know.

Regards and thanks

al

• 2 weeks later...
I've often seen posts for people wanting the 'butt plate-to-hook' connector and assume them to be as common as 'Hen's teeth'. There's a guy that designs and makes accessories for Field Target rifles by using the Selective Laser Sintering process. Many of his designs are improvements on the OEM parts and I'm sure that if you approached him with an original part he'd be willing to make a counterpart, or maybe an improved version. The process is not cheap but he has the advantage of a webshop and if there's enough demand the unit price would be reduced.

Anyway, it was just a thought, here's the link to his website www.maestro-design.co.uk

Hi, that's me :-)

Yes I can design any custom part if needed. Even a unique piece, but of course if you place a bulk order then some discount may apply.

(and the bipods are available again, in limited number.)

Kind regards, András