For Sale Anschutz 1813 Action In Tec-Hro Stock

big brown dog

The action should be older than 1996 if it's an 1813. The 1813 was superceded by the 1913 in 1987. It's possible to put an 1813 barrel in a 1913 receiver, but I think this is highly unlikely. The proof marks on the left hand side of the barrrl, just ahead of the receiver. You're looking for two small letters; the first should be an I, for 8.

The action should be older than 1996 if it's an 1813.

It's possible to put an 1813 barrel in a 1913 receiver, but I think this is highly unlikely.

I know of a 1907 action (from this very forum) with an 1807 barrel (barrel dated 1982). Ex-Bill Phelps. I believe the thinking was 18-series barrels were better.

Edited for clarity :)

Edited by Huey

Huey, even so the action would not carry a date of manufacture, bar the serial number which is only useful if you can compare it to others. 1986 manufacture is much more likely.

I've heard the same of '90s vintage barrels too.

the action would not carry a date of manufacture

Was not disagreeing with this Tim, just countering the 'highly unlikely' aspect of barrel swapping :)

I'm not sure that one example is enough. I know of a handful of Anschutz rifles with a non-original factory barrel. Compare this to the number with the original barrel, or even rebarreled with a Border/Shilen etc and I still believe it's highly unlikely to find a marriage of Anschutz parts.

Michelle,

J is omitted as it's too similar to I. 96 is KG.