.22 Rifle Ammo Haul

10.9ninja

Im after a fairly decent amount of ammo as I have quite a bit of training to do.

Unwanted TenX, Match, centre X or R50 in moderate quantities (i.e not half a box, 500ish), then PM and we can sort something out

cheers

Depends on the training being undertaken!!

Might be an idea to have a word with a manufacturer direct and see if you can purchase end of batches or bulk loose/poor graded ammo

Honestly mate, if you're planning on doing some proper training you're better picking an ammo your rifle likes and sticking with it rather than mixing and matching with different batches and brands.

And it doesn't need to be a top-tier brand.

I mean, if that money is burning a hole in your pocket or you're sponsored, then by all means get Tenex/R50/Midas+, but if you find a batch of Eley Match/RWS Rifle Match/Center-X that your rifle likes, that will serve far better and offer more consistency than shooting lots of odd-batch R50 and Tenex (and you'll have more budget left for kit/travel/comps/associated training expenses).

The label is only based on their proofing barrels, which gives an indication to consistency but it's performance in your barrel that counts - to that end, I'm not convinced you're getting a lot of value buying off-the-shelf odds of Tenex compared with off-the-shelf Match. It might be great, it might also fail to hold the 10 ring, and you're paying a 30% premium to find out! Last time I batch tested I found a good batch I was happy with. But one batch tested at 21mm after 10 shots. Off the shelf you don't know if it's any good till you start shooting it. I've shot 590+ in training and had double-tons with Rifle Match. Not as often as I'd like perhaps, but in training you're rarely shooting for score and tier-2 ammo is usually "good enough" to tell you if you're achieving your training goals.