Aj Parker M80 Sight

Anschutzfan

Doesn't Swing stand for Swenson and Ingram? George Swenson did work for Wilkes, and I'd heard based the Swing rearsight liberally on the Wilkes.

To fit a sight on a P14 its mounted with an integral tang & plug that goes under the bolt retaining leaf spring or a fork & a plug with a lug on it to go under the spring. Its then held secure by the axis pin thru the sight 'ears'.

Exactly as my photos demonstrate ;) - you can see where that pin fits by looking at my first photo - there is a round recess in the original left battle sight ear (I'm not sure it's a 'repair' as such Phil). IIRC my sight is also 1/2 MOA.

Better at the longer ranges than shorter, and does surprisingly well with HPS TM 155gr.

Edited by Huey

To fit a sight on a P14 its mounted with an integral tang & plug that goes under the bolt retaining leaf spring or a fork & a plug with a lug on it to go under the spring. Its then held secure by the axis pin thru the sight 'ears'.

Exactly as my photos demonstrate ;) - you can see where that pin fits by looking at my first photo - there is a round recess in the original left battle sight ear (I'm not sure it's a 'repair' as such Phil). IIRC my sight is also 1/2 MOA.

Better at the longer ranges than shorter, and does surprisingly well with HPS TM 155gr.

This pic is my Wilkes P14 rearsight showing the round lug that locks into the action under the bolt spring its pristine, the ebay pic shows a rough working repaired locating lug. The P14 barrel is the same square thread as the Swing Mk 1-2 so a part used stainless Swing barrel will fit .....& work a whole let better than the original :-)

The 3/53 has a fork at this point & the lug is a separate small easily lost bit.

post-2663-0-14363700-1449524468_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Phil, took your advice , got a 3/53 and perfecto - thanks.

All i need now is to find a replacement ejector for when/if my biro spring repair gives up.

Rgds

al

Glad it worked out well. That Swing P14 adaptor was still for sale last week. The advantage being that sight takes the std Anschutz Ghemenn irises & so lets more light in .