Barry Nesom Turn-Over Foresight

BobSki

For sale

22mm Barry Nesom turn-over foresight with bubble. In excellent condition. Has a No.1 stamped on it. This one fits the Anschutz 1813/match 54 older action.

£70 plus postage. I won't go lower than £70 as this is a good saving on new with absolutely NO wear or loss of functionality.

It should do if the foresight block is screwed onto the barrel. I think the very old M54 barrels, where the foresight block was machined into the muzzle. are the same, but I can't remember off-hand. Anschutz changed the width and depth of the dovetail in the 1980s, so foresights can't be swapped between 19xx rifles and 18xx, 16xx, and 14xx rifles.

You say 22mm, so it take a 22 insert? as I need a 22 forsight on my extension tube, my old one only take an 18mm insert, and I found it most usefull when changing distance from 50 to 100

Thanks

Andy

Just a bit of info on these if I may....You will find that one end is 22mm the other is 18mm...in case you want an anti glare tube to fit. The other thing is that when I turn mine around you have to loosen the bubble as it is to tight to push through and turn, therefor you would have to adjust bubble again. after turning. Whether mine is just a one off I don't know, it would be interesting to find out.....Having said all that, when turning from 50 to 100 I am around half inch from centre. and vice versa.....so it works.

If I remember correctly, the bubble attaches to the sight body NOT the tube that slides through the centre. I have never had any movement of the bubble when moving from 50 to 100 and back to 50yds.

After shooting at 50 yds and rotating the tube 180 degree to shoot at 100 yds I am always perfectly zeroed in the bull.

When turning the sight, you need to undo the fastening ring a number of turns to enable the tube part to slide rearwards so that it clears the locating lug, then simply re tighten the ring when it re engages the lug and then continue shooting bulls!

Jonty

Jonty,

the level is attached to a small collar; the lug that the inner tunnel locates on, is part of the level. This is how the elevation adjustment is not affected by cant, unlike John Kelly's original.

Mine is usually a little high at 100, but the tunnel was made for a 45in sight radius, and for years I had a 39in.

Thank you for that Professor Tim.

I checked mine last night and the tube does turn without altering the bubble as I stated, but your right, it does sit on a collar, but I thought only us experts would need to know that Tim!

And yes, the bore of the tube is 18mm. I would hazard at a guess though that the bore of an 18mm sight is less than 18mm as inserts for these are much smaller than for a 22mm (I think)

Jonty