Wanted .22Lr Left Handed Target Rifle

Triple G

Hi,

Looking for a L/H dedicated target rifle for use out to 100 yards, ideally fitted with appropriate sights. Although I have used R/H rifles up till now, would like to see if there's anything available out there at a reasonable price.

Small bore a bit of a new venture for me, so any advice appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

see also http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Anschutz-LEFT-HAND-Aluminium-Target-Rifle-Stock-For-Smallbore-Shooting-2213-2313-/221712183761?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339f1371d1

900 quid for a stock with no butplate? - Rip off!! imho........ as I paid 850 for a LH Precise with the butt plate & carrier!

Beware the cast metal these are made from is absolute rubbish, poor composition lots of low meting point Magnesium, Silicon & others in it that causes tons of gas porosity & its very weak - I speak as a qualified Metallurgist who's had one welded up. They dont make aircraft even car parts from that metal.

However yo can buy a Precise new + guarantee for little more delivered from Germany too. http://www.schiesssport-buinger.de/shooting/Anschuetz-1918-aluminum-stock-Precise-pure-WITHOUT-Hook-butt-plate they are made from an aircraft forged grade alloy & are much much better.

^_^

Beware the cast metal these are made from is absolute rubbish, poor composition lots of low meting point Magnesium, Silicon & others in it that causes tons of gas porosity & its very weak - I speak as a qualified Metallurgist who's had one welded up. They dont make aircraft even car parts from that metal.

And yet there are quite a lot of them still out there after all these years... such as mine which is now over a decade old. If one's shooting technique *requires* a Mithril Stock Of +2 To Physical Resistance, then I'd suggest that time spent in the coaching forum would be of benefit... ;)

Now, if we were to say something like "the 2213 stocks aren't as well made as the Precise, and will break if you mistreat them. Factor this into the price that you're thinking of paying for one" then we'd be in agreement. :)

And yet there are quite a lot of them still out there after all these years... such as mine which is now over a decade old. If one's shooting technique *requires* a Mithril Stock Of +2 To Physical Resistance, then I'd suggest that time spent in the coaching forum would be of benefit... ;)

Now, if we were to say something like "the 2213 stocks aren't as well made as the Precise, and will break if you mistreat them. Factor this into the price that you're thinking of paying for one" then we'd be in agreement. :)

Ha, good try, one clipped the door of the range on the way out & just snapped off, the other was in a hard case that fell over in the armoury from -10 to+30 degrees. both snapped in same place - just before the cheek piece carrier. Another the integral rail snapped out during a shoot so the hand stop & sling loop came off. But for what Anschutz charged for them & the heralds of German quality that came with the marketing bumph = Phah BS, buy Gemini or HPS.

Arent as well made is an understatement - one is die cast (from melted down tin cans & die case dinky cars), the other CNC machined from a 7000 series equivalent grade aircraft alloy.

The precise stock is a suitable fix to the issues listed. The cast stock does need careful handling though, it's true :/