22Mm Foresight Elements - Wanted

tim g

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tim,

I'm in the same boat - think I might go for a centra front sight iris - just trying to work out which one. We did an exercise in training where we changed the foresight element size - very interesting. But with a series of high ends it gets expensive, and would be good to just know you could amend. Best of luck hunting though!

Hi Chris,

Yes, i've taken the plunge and ordered up a 4.9 High End for use with bloop tube, hopefully this will be about right. I have a 3.9 for use without the tube and this seems to be ok for me. I think more importantly i need to get some shooting specs sorted. With my normal specs my eye flicks focus way too easily to the diagram. It's ok for a detail or two but i really start to struggle after 20 odd shots. Once I get the specs sorted i should have a better idea as to whether to splash the cash on a Centra Iris. One very appealing feature of the iris is that it has a 2mm ring thickness to help lock the eye's focus on. The max 1.4mm ring thickness of the High Ends seems a touch thin for me.......... this is not a cheap past-time haha!