Butt Plate Wanted

ngorshkov

I've got a 4760 butt plate (which is what I think you want) going spare. But you might prefer the 4765 which will fit straight onto the same carrier plate (I replaced my 4760 with a 4765). The butt alone can be bought new off Intershoot (about £170).

Let me know if you're still interested in the 4760 and I'll get you some photos tonight to confirm its the right butt plate!

I've got a 4760 butt plate (which is what I think you want) going spare. But you might prefer the 4765 which will fit straight onto the same carrier plate (I replaced my 4760 with a 4765). The butt alone can be bought new off Intershoot (about £170).

Let me know if you're still interested in the 4760 and I'll get you some photos tonight to confirm its the right butt plate!

Yes, but remember the £170 is just for the buttplate, you will need the vertical rod and mounting plate which are a further £55. I agree with your suggestion that the 4765 is better than the 4760, in my humble opinion anyway.

Jonty

Admittedly I was confused when he said he had the carrier plate, I presume that is the internal mounting within the butt and not the mounting plate and rod as it were? In which case yeah, you need both and I don't have a spare mounting plate!

The carrier usually describes the black E-shaped metal part that provides the length adjustment. The part that attaches the plate to the carrier is the base plate.

So long as you have the rod, you can fit a 4760 or 4765 to an older Supermatch as the rod can be bolted directly to the carrier. I don't lnow if this is true of rifles made up to the mid-late '60s, which don't have the cant/offset adjustable butt..

If the OP has a 1989 Supermatch stock (a 1913 or 1910), this would have come as standard with a 4760, so he may already have the baseplate and mounting rod.

The rifle is a club rifle which I estimate is dated 1989 (from what I recall) - I've attached an image of what I'm using (not the actual rifle but pulled off of Google and is a true likeness). The second image is of what I have "borrowed" from a fellow member.

What I need is either one of those or recommendations of what else I can use (and hopefully purchase from someone off of here).

Cheers,

Neil

post-2748-0-49642300-1415720506_thumb.jpg

post-2748-0-49073400-1415720718.png

That would be a 1979 vintage rifle, so a 1613 not a 1913. To fit a 4760 (or 4765) but you need the rod that the plate itself clamps onto, and optionally the alu baseplate that joins plate + rod to the black steel carrier.

Have a look near to the serial number on the action where the barrel meets the action on barrel there will be two letters next to a leaf, follow this code to find out how old the Anschutz barrel is:-

0= A

1=B

2=C

3=D

4=E

5=F

6=G

7=H

8=I/J

9=K example H I =78 so 1978

However the barrel could have been put into a different stock!!!!!!

Edited by Ark Fitz

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback - it's been most helpful. Think I'm going to hang fire on the butt plate for now - it's a club rifle I'm using so will wait until I can get a rifle of my own (although the wife may have something to say about that :-) )

All the best,

Neil