Parts For Anschutz Match 54 Bolt

chunter177

Chris, you have my sympathy; after our last move I I demanded a seven year moratorium on the subject. PM/Email me if you want to negotiate though.

Tim- I appreciate the offer. But you should sell your rifle openly. I'm a brutal negotiator and I'd rather not damage our relationship! Also I can't spare any lolly at the mo. If I blitz this year maybe in 12 months' time!

Tim- yes I want to buy a rifle. But I just spent a bit more than a rifle on a house and am now officially poor for the next 30 years!!!

Is that good 'Independant Financial Advice'?

I thought the best advice was only borrow what you can afford, bearing in mind the interest rate is going up sooner or later.

But we have or are coming out of recession, so we may have an extra pound a week in our pockets. Hmmmm I might be able to afford Eley Club again, bring it on.

As an aside, I bought a bungalow in 2008, right at the top of the house prices just before the crash. I sold it last week, and its the first house I have ever sold at a loss. We had spent thousands on it, extention, Italian kitchen, re wire, re plumb you name it. All went as a loss, and we got just under the asking price too.

Still, we are now the happy occupants of a hovel.

Jonty

Thanks Jonty - delighted you are now settled in your home sweet home! Re being poor - this is a) relative, and B) transitory - it may well change if I can pull my finger out. But pro tem capital outlay of rifle order has no chance of getting past SWMBO.

Also, my independent financial advice has been, is, remains, and will continue to be excellent. I don't give independant advice, as that doesn't mean anything as you've spelt it wrong... ;)

Thanks Jonty - delighted you are now settled in your home sweet home! Re being poor - this is a) relative, and B) transitory - it may well change if I can pull my finger out. But pro tem capital outlay of rifle order has no chance of getting past SWMBO.

Also, my independent financial advice has been, is, remains, and will continue to be excellent. I don't give independant advice, as that doesn't mean anything as you've spelt it wrong... ;)

Tut, Silly me, I will sit on the naughty step for an hour. (When Ive moved the boxes off it)

Jonts

Hi guys. The picture was one I found on the net- targettalk blog. So the picture is not mine.

I have taken the bolt apart and cleaned it many times. With respect I am not a total spanner on fixing this stuff- yes I have put it together properly.

At Bisley the anschutz guys said my head space was too big so to shorten it they hammered the rear of the bolt to stretch it a few thou.

I think there is a bur somewhere in the rotational action of the handle round the stainless steel bolt body. There is a spring loaded locator pin fitted within the bolt handle piece which is catching and has put the pressure on the collar piece hence this piece is fatiguing.

Any idea of a reasonable gunsmith who might repair this in the west midlands or Gloucestershire? I work in Bromsgrove and have today (yay!) exchanged on a home in Cheltenham and will be moving this Friday.

The bolt body is not stainless steel, but steel 'in the white' and will rust very easily.

Tim- yes I want to buy a rifle. But I just spent a bit more than a rifle on a house and am now officially poor for the next 30 years!!!

Is that good 'Independant Financial Advice'?

I thought the best advice was only borrow what you can afford, bearing in mind the interest rate is going up sooner or later.

But we have or are coming out of recession, so we may have an extra pound a week in our pockets. Hmmmm I might be able to afford Eley Club again, bring it on.

As an aside, I bought a bungalow in 2008, right at the top of the house prices just before the crash. I sold it last week, and its the first house I have ever sold at a loss. We had spent thousands on it, extention, Italian kitchen, re wire, re plumb you name it. All went as a loss, and we got just under the asking price too.

Still, we are now the happy occupants of a hovel.

Jonty

So if you rented it even for a few months you can record that as a loss on your tax return to off set any future capital gains then?

You have my sympathy UK housing is not fit for purpose its become a pension & investment market rather than a social infrastructure need. Chin up dont update a house maintain it - this house was crap inside (horizontal MoD wall paper!) but structurally maintained. & Guess what all that expensive refitting is what new owners will rip out just to put their 'stamp' on it. So why bother? always assess cost vs benefit, fit what you need cover the rest up ;-) .

Hi guys. The picture was one I found on the net- targettalk blog. So the picture is not mine.

I have taken the bolt apart and cleaned it many times. With respect I am not a total spanner on fixing this stuff- yes I have put it together properly.

At Bisley the anschutz guys said my head space was too big so to shorten it they hammered the rear of the bolt to stretch it a few thou.

I think there is a bur somewhere in the rotational action of the handle round the stainless steel bolt body. There is a spring loaded locator pin fitted within the bolt handle piece which is catching and has put the pressure on the collar piece hence this piece is fatiguing.

Any idea of a reasonable gunsmith who might repair this in the west midlands or Gloucestershire? I work in Bromsgrove and have today (yay!) exchanged on a home in Cheltenham and will be moving this Friday.

The bolt body is not stainless steel, but steel 'in the white' and will rust very easily.

Cover all bearing surfaces in engineering blue (ebay), actuate it (a fair bit) take it apart then look for where the blue isn't = where its catching bearing or scratching. That may give a clue as to why.

Thanks for the guidance guys! Yes - houses are expensive. I have no plans to do major changes, other than tanking the cellar so I can actually store stuff there - it's very damp.

Re the bolt - it worked fine till the Anschutz guys started hammering it, and now it is getting stiffer and stiffer to lift. I have the details of Robert Knibbs - I am a bit nervous of diving in with something that is 41 years old, and may be tricky to replace! Matthias Raiber has sent the collar over. But I don't know how to get the bolt to open and close more easily - I am nervous there is a step being carved in the bolt handle where the firing pin lifts - I think this is where the problem lies, but I don't really know what I can do about it!

Thanks for all the input chaps!

Kind regards,

Chris

Thanks for the guidance guys! Yes - houses are expensive. I have no plans to do major changes, other than tanking the cellar so I can actually store stuff there - it's very damp.

Re the bolt - it worked fine till the Anschutz guys started hammering it, and now it is getting stiffer and stiffer to lift. I have the details of Robert Knibbs - I am a bit nervous of diving in with something that is 41 years old, and may be tricky to replace! Matthias Raiber has sent the collar over. But I don't know how to get the bolt to open and close more easily - I am nervous there is a step being carved in the bolt handle where the firing pin lifts - I think this is where the problem lies, but I don't really know what I can do about it!

Thanks for all the input chaps!

Kind regards,

Chris

Have you re-greased the cam in the bolt handle which bears on the edge of the firing pin, after you cleaned the bolt? If this is dry it is nearly impossible to lift the bolt handle.

Edited by Trident

Chris,

while you are greasing the cocking cam (the V-notch in the handle), smear a tiny dab of grease on the back and front surfaces of the locking lugs. The locking lugs are the square root of the bolt handle, and the notch lump 120° round. I've found it easier to put a little grease in the recess for the left hand lug. This will make opening and closing the bolt a fraction smoother.