Barry Nesom Turnover Foresight - Now Sold!

chunter177

NOW SOLD!

Hi guys,

I have this Barry Nesom turnover foresight for sale. Very nice piece. It also comes with an adapter to insert an 18mm iris, but is otherwise 22mm. It takes the Centra High Ends if that's your thing!

post-1864-0-24752700-1404810727_thumb.jpg

post-1864-0-32625000-1404810739_thumb.jpg

post-1864-0-77261700-1404810749_thumb.jpg

It's in superb nick having had very little use; I'd like £75 for it - that includes postage. It fits on 1813 Anschutz, and also on the Nesom tube; I think it would fit older Anschutz also - possibly not the more recent styles.

Basically, it has a release collar which, once loose, allows the tunnel to rotate - it is marked with "100" - obviously 100 yards; and when turned 180° you're on for 50M.

It's fitted with a bubble, which again comes on an adjustable collar, which can be revolved to match cant. A great piece of kit.

As I say - £75 delivered. Feel free to send me a private message.

Kind regards all.

Chris

NOW SOLD!

Edited by chunter177

i beleive it is to do with the amount of offset - i'm sure its understandable that a standard sight base needs a different amount of offset than a standard plus 12" tube

My Nesom 22mm was bought with a 12in tube and is stamped 4, so I'd say that Chris' tunnel was also made for a 12in tube.

i think it needs to be mentioned that this will not effect using the sight as normal - only difference will be when the change over from 50-100 is done on a standard sight base a few clicks is likely to need to be added!

Here's the relevant parts of my conversations with Barry:

The Sight radius for a No 4 is approx 45"
Thank you for the commendation on the Tube, as you have found out the sights do vary with the length of tube, the sight that you bought should have a No 4 stamped on the front edge if you are using it with a 12" tube.
The dovetail on the Tube is for an 18 series Anschutz so a sight suitable for an 18 series should fit.
I do make 22mm turn over foresights with or without a bubble.
Edited by chunter177

• 2 weeks later...