Forum App

batty

Did I read ages ago that there was an app to allow accessing the forum easier via a mobile.. does one still exist, what was it and does it play on android??

Ta

I'm not sure how much easier it could be. I have no problems using an Android tablet.

I usually find that site specific apps are a disappointment and go back to the web browser version. The only notable exception I can think of is the ISSF News.

I am using an IPad and have no problems accessing the Forum, and I am the South of France.

The Tappatalk App does not work with every Forum.

Out of interest Rob, what advantage does it have over a normal web browser?

None really, it displays better straight off on the phone without any need to re-size. Neil recommended it many years ago and I've just carried on using it.

Rob.

Whatever format my very cheap phone uses is by far the best. Most other forums are challenging to navigate by phone, but Stirton is quite simple.

I quite like the way the standard forum works on my phone. I was using the default browser on my Samsung Note, but when I upgraded to a Note 3 I switched to Chrome which is nice as it now shares my desktop favorites list. The layout of the forum on the mobile device is a little different and suits the smaller screen, although it offers a link to the standard page at the bottom of each page.

Alan